Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hello From Wokingham

Joe Sp

Hi all

I am about to be made redundant which means ditching the company Volvo V50 and buying my own car.

I am looking for a family size hatch/estate with an auto transmission and am seriously considering an IS300 Sportcross. They seem good value compared to a W203 Mercedes C class and are in my opinion a much nicer looing car. There are a few cars for sale that I like the look of at the moment but the prices seem to be all over the place and the model year dosent seem to effect the price too much.

I get the impression that they are not a fast selling car - probably due to the large petrol engine, is this impression right?

Does anyone have any advice, I am hoping that £3-4k should get me a nice car?

Cheers

Joe

smitten with my sportX joe , 1st lexus & came down from a 520d sport tourer , no regrets at all , smooth as you like with all the trimmings , paid under £3k for my 02 with 53k & virtually unmarked throughout, MPG not as bad as i thought but it does less than 80miles a week.

not rapid off the mark for a 3.0 but comes alive when if you work the engine & covers ground on longer journeys with great ease ,

had it 4 months now & still have to check the rev counter when stationary to make sure the car is running ,unlike the diesel bmw :tomato:

bought from a dealer who had taken it as a trade in , i took a gamble after looking at the history & a testdrive to buy the car as seen,no warranty & with only 3 weeks mot , paid £2700 & felt like i,d stolen it as i drove away :whistling:

the "negative" for some is the met green ext paint , think its jade metallic & doesn,t concern me at all , upgraded the wheels to 18,s from lexus RX & it looks great to me

Hello and welcome to the LOC.

If you don't mind a boot there are some excellent GS300 models around for little money at the moment.

Hi

I really need a hatch as I am a beekeeper and need to be able to move my hives, otherwise I would look at them.

have you looked at any sportX joe ? estate/loadlugger they most definitely are not ,more style over substance LOL , my wellies & border terrier fit in just nice though :P

Hi

I have not looked at one yet but I should be ok if I fold the rear seat, I only need to move a hive or the supers (where the honey is stored by the bee's) a couple of times a year.

I am assuming the boot is closer to a vw golf than a passat estate, is that right?

Thanks for the welcome messages.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links