Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Dab Upgrade

Habu

Hi again. Firstly, is the DAB upgrade a dealer fit item and, secondly, has anyone done the upgrade and thought "wow"?

I spend quite a lot of time in my car and whilst the Iphone will be BT streaming most of my music I do like the radio from time to time. My current gen 3 Prius has dreadful FM reception and struggles to hang onto stations but it is a known issue.

Cheers again for any info.

Just over a week to go...:)

Edit: just tested the Tunein Internet app on my phone and it streams perfectly over BT into the car and you still get all the radio station data displayed too.

Could be worth a read :

CT DAB upgrade (CT200hforum)

That's the only promising link Google is showing me though ... Think it's a factory or dockside fit option.

One disappointment I had was the lack of LW radio in the non-DAB car. I'm a cricket nut, so LW is a Must Have for listening to Test Match Special. All hope is not lost though ... I downloaded an Android app called Tune In Radio, which will let me stream the cricket from the internet to the phone and to the radio via Bluetooth. Sorted :)

Although the reception on internet radio depends on how good a 3g signal you can get. The Tune In app buffers a little but it might still be trading FM radio drop out for 3g signal drop out.

If you ask the dealers about the chances of getting a DAB module, let us know what they tell you - I'd much prefer a permanent solution over the internet radio kludge :geek:

PS If we were buying Xmas presents this year, I'd probably have got one of these for my dad : DAB FM retransmitter. Gets around the problem a different way, although I don't know the impact on the TMC nav traffic info.

I have the DAB upgrade fitted. I pointed out on previous post that I purchased Finance Manager's car in May, so I suspect that the fitting was done either as factory fit or dockside. I would thoroughly recommend DAB, but of course it all depends on what they charge you. My spec also includes multi-disc CD player with sub-woofer at the back; keyless entry; auto dimming rear-view mirror; parking sensors and camera and satnav. I suspect that this was a factory fit spec to an early delivery.

I emailed my nearest Centre yesterday, explaining I was picking up a new CT next Thursday and was quoted £526 fitted! Suffice to say I won't be going for it. With hindsight maybe I should have negotiated a deal at the time of sale.

Breakdown was £365 for the DAB module plus VAT plus 1.6 hours labour. Shame as I'd have paid up to £400 for one.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links