Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

I picked up my mk1 yesterday and its a lovely beast.

Surprisingly, it came with two key fob remotes rather than the combined key/remote I expected and have experienced on my previous Lexus.

I fancy one of the flick keys.... is it possible to change the plain key and separate key fob/remote?

Cheers

Yeah, all mk1's had the separate key and fob. The key has a transponder in it so unless you could hack the fob and key about to fit them in a flip case I don't think you can do much about it. You could obviously stick the key transponder inside the dash near the key barrel to do away with that part but the fob would still be a problem.

Just seems so odd since the Soarers and earlier LS400 I had all had key remote. I had to swap transponder for my Cougar when doing a Jaguar flip key swap. There you could get (I think) Timpsons to do a copy of it.

A copy of the transponder? The flip key cases don't have a transponder do they, only whatever is in the standard fob swapped over? You would need a flip key with a transponder and space for your fob internals.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 1995 Mk1 GS with a single button remote main key.

I believe the remote changed to the separate fob and key a year later.

I have been looking to transfer the electronics of my key into a spare case I have as the casing of my original key has broken away around the remote button and I keep loosing the button.

Problem I have is that the electronic part of the key seems to be integral to the case and I cannot work out how to separate the two.

Have any of you guys any experience of doing this case swap?

Have any of you guys any experience of doing this case swap?

No mate. Mine had the seperate key/transponder and remote. I never had a problem with that arrangement. The only combined ones I've had are on my newer two GS's, and the remote bits come out very easily.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links