Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Air Suspension Ls430 (2002)

Lexus LS430 year 2002 the air suspension has gone on one leg - will pump up when car starts but goes down immediately on switch off. Have replaced the leg and not worked - could be sensor? or leaking bladder? (had this problem with a previously owned Soarer and very expensive to remedy) - Can you replace the air suspension on all 4 wheels with standard spring suspension - has anyone done this?

It's been done on earlier models but never heard of it on the LS430, I would imagine it's not just a case of replacing with conventional suspension but it is all computer controlled with sensors everywhere including the auto headlight aim system so you would probably have warning lights flashing up everywhere.

http://www.lextreme.com/ascon.html

From the exploded diagram it looks like each suspension leg has its own compressor/height control system. If the leg is pumping up OK when the car is started this suggests the compressor is working.I assume you have already checked for leaks on the air line from the compressor to the strut?Did you replace the O ring seals on the pipe unions?

Hi JAP

I have moved this in to the correct section of the club where it will get the right attention from other LS owners.

Hi JAP have a look on the US site clublexus. It seems many people have converted to a coilover set up and I too am exploring this option. (as you can see from the similar thread I started). Let me know if you make any progress, I would be keen to hear if you do it.

Looks like the garage that changed the sus leg did a fix on one of the airlines that didn't work. It is back in with them now and hopefully I wil get it back today fully operational. I have booked a sus test at Lexus so will decide on a conversion once I get the results. Thanks again to all contributors to my plea for help.

I'd be interested to hear from anyone who's ridden in both an 'Air' car and a Spring car to hear if it makes much difference.

As a longtime Citroen owner, pre-LS, - I love the Citroen suspension.

Have Lexus got TOO complex, rather than keep to the KISS principle? (Keep it Simple,Stupid)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links