Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Need Some Help!

CraigA

Hey Guys,

Just signed up to the forum after doing some googling :-)

I have a Toyota Altezza, which is like a Lexus Is200 (99), but with the 3S-GE Beams dual vvt-i engine. At a whit's end because want happened was :

Driving symptoms:

The check engine light may come on periodically after it is warm (15 mins), the engine light will come on, then go off and within 30 seconds will come back on and stay on. The TRC light will constantly flash. And the car will become very sluggish, driving in what seems to be 2nd/3rd gear. At this stage the idle will get rough and sound like it is misfiring. The brakes also seem to become hard as well since insufficiently vacuum is created at idle.

But this only occurs after 15 min of driving. Had the timing belt done 10,000km ago, had this re-done again, this wasnt the problem. Replace VVT-i solenoid... still no go. Its really getting me down, as well as getting a huge bill (been in the mechanics for over 2 weeks)

the engine codes shes throwing is

p1354

p0135

Cheers for any help guys

Hello and welcome to the LOC.

P1354 is VVTI related but cannot find the other one you list P0135.

Not sure if your engine is the same as the GS300 but there is on the GS300 a VVTI oil filter which can clog up and cause low oil pressure to the VVTI actuator.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/performance/401898-p1349-vvt-system-malfunction-bank-1b-blocked-oil-control-valve-filter.html

Relating to the TRC.There have also been problems with the brake vacuum pump system if this is also the same as the GS300 it doesn't use a conventional brake servo but a vacuum pump.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links