Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Gone . . . And Back Again!

Well, I have had a LS400 and a LS430 for a total of about 7 years, and they have been wonderful and great value. For reasons too complicated to explain, I began to get a hankering after a Jaguar XJ (old model)and at Easter bought myself a 56 plate 2.7 diesel, selling the LS430. Sorry guys!

BUT . . . I have seen the error of my ways and have bought myself another LS430, a 53 plate this time!!! (Still trying to sell the Jag, and will of course take a big hit IF I can find a buyer in these economic times . . .).

The Jag was lovely really. My two main concerns were I never quite got used to the slightly coarse sound of the diesel engine at start up (being not used to hearing my engine at all, of course) and the slightly rough ride at low speeds on our terrible local roads which is due I think to the 40mm profile tyres. In both cases, motorways were no issue at all. The main thing though was that I paid a LOT more for the Jag but couldn't quite see where I was getting value for the extra money. Other than the style factor, which is important to the wife (she is not very happy at the switch back) but not really something that worries me.

Now for an question that has popped up with the new Lex. Almost the only thing the Jag had over the LS in equiment was integrated Bluetooth, mine being an older 430. So I have had a Parrot i9200 installed in the new LS and it's a super bit of kit, both Bluetooth and now I can play my iPod too. But what a massive job it was to fit, the guy at Halfords was magnificent and wouldn't be beaten but it was a real challenge that ended up taking half the car apart. In the end he has done it, with only one problem - the phone mutes the most of the stereo but not the two front tweeters on the top by the windscreen. This means I have to turn off the radio manually if it is on, or else it keeps playing over the phone! And also means I don't get the use of the tweeters when using phone or iPod.

Does anyone know how to deal with this rather perplexing issue? I did try searching but didn't find an answer.

Thanks for any help.

Chris

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links