Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

My '98 GS is parked in the driveway and showing all the signs of a failing central locking control receiver. I have to operate the key button within a few feet of the car and then it is intermittent.

What a drag. That's a £700 job including reprogramming on a £700 car which will probaly last for years to come.

Now here's the thing. Once the car is out of my driveway and anywhere else, the central locking functions normally. It seems there is something swamping the wireless signal in my immediate vicinity.

I have no new radio devices in my house and the 433 MHz band which is used is also available for all sorts of low-range devices as well as amateur radio. Whatever it is, it is radiating continously.

Any suggestions will be welcome.

I had a similar problem with my 430 a few weeks ago. I have a wireless frontdoor bell which operates via a unit plugged into a mains wall socket. It was plugged in but I had turned the socket off because the pushbutton for the bell was sticking and causing the bell to keep repeating. Whilst I was out, someone had pressed the bell and the wireless transmission was sending continually without me realising it. It could be that you or a close neighbour has something similar which is blocking out your signal. Mine was blocking for about 20 metres.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links