Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Lexus Reversing Camera

Noticed today that our 2010 IS250 back up camera shows 2 black triangular shadows at the top left and right of the screen as shown below. These shadows are not present on our 2007 camera. Its as though the camera on the 2010 model is positioned slightly different? Does anyone with a post 2009 MY IS with the reversing camera (and HDD sat nav)have these shadows, or is this a fault in mine?

IMG_0899.jpg

Noticed today that our 2010 IS250 back up camera shows 2 black triangular shadows at the top left and right of the screen as shown below. These shadows are not present on our 2007 camera. Its as though the camera on the 2010 model is positioned slightly different? Does anyone with a post 2009 MY IS with the reversing camera (and HDD sat nav)have these shadows, or is this a fault in mine?

IMG_0899.jpg

FA, I came from a IS220D (five years old but bought from new) to an ex demo IS250C-SEL (2010). Just checked the camera and it does not show the problem you have highlighted.

Seems like you'll need to get that looked at. My stereo stopped working recently, all covered under warrantee but the parts alone came to over £7,000 ! So I'd be interested to know how you get on with this fx.\

Good luck,

Tony

Thanks for your reply. I have been looking at the latest IS brochure and it shows a small triangular shadow on the top left handside of the screen. The right hand side is too dark to see. I also found the following video ( I think its from an RX? )and picture showing the same shadows? Maybe its a flaw with some of the fitments? Not a big issue, I will pop in next time i'm in the area to see what they say, or at least view the cameras from other cars they have in stock. I ll keep you informed!

one12.jpg

This is called vignetting and is almost inevitable with a simple wide-angle lens used in a mass-produced camera with little depth to the sensor. It should not be severe so as to obscure where you are likely to park or exist anywhere but at the top corners of the image where it does not matter - because parking in the sky is not expected.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links