Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

First Mot For Lexus

Loz

Having to MOT my GS for the first time. any know fail points?

I had the antiroll bar bushes done last Nov and the ball joints up front. tyre as new or nearly new. brakes, well ones warped but would they know? would that be a fail?

I guess the only thing that is unknown really is the emissions. should I put any additives in to make sure its sweet as the proverbial nut?

Loz

Cheers Buddy.

do you have to spend much on yours through the year?

last twelve months I have had anti roll bar bushes, ball joints, tyres, 2 sets rear pads, one set front pads, timing belt, oil and filter change (couple) tail light bulb, wipers, and should have had new plugs but ignored the schedule...

but then she has done near 40k since 23 August 2002... :unsure:

Loz :zee:

of course the spacing on my plate is not QUITE right.... but the guy is not too big an a55 hole as to worry about it I think...

and they are getting a fair bit of work through me now so I would hope they'd take a commercial decision not to be silly.

I am afterall geting the MOT for £17.50.... I think the standard price is £38 these days....

Loz ;) :zee:

Hmmmm.... Glad I never got the de-cat kit and Dave sporties exhausts!!

thinking about putting through a valve cleaner or something but she runs just fine.... I should have more faith

Guess its just that I have only ever MOT'd old crocks before, never a luxury car. always got rid before they were that old....

Not that age is a prob with the Lex. I'm just about to take her for another tour of the country. Bristol, London, Taunton, Bath, Oxford and back home to Leeds...

Loz

Not that age is a prob with the Lex. I'm just about to take her for another tour of the country. Bristol, London, Taunton, Bath, Oxford and back home to Leeds...

well as you'll most certainly be passing where I live... feel free to drop in for a cuppa mate...

everytime I drop the kids off at the pool, I see a cloud of cack come out the back....

:offtopic::oops: :shutit: :whistling:

Fidgits?

pm me with your mob and location. If I am in your neck of the woods and have time I'll buy you a beer to ease the pain of those bruises that Rhaines inflicted on you in an attempt to show toc superiority...

Loz :zee:

no probs with the MOT. walk in the park.... :yahoo::hehe::yahoo:

of course, in the event I got stopped on way home for spacing of my number plate, "I have just put them back on, Officer!"

Loz

Ps. But now I need a new Water Pump :crying: but its gonna under a ton to fix...

And Mat, that vibration we felt going to Oxford, that was a 3 inch nail and a screw in the rear off side tyre! be having a pair on the back soon...

and the Warped Disc might as well get the refresh treatment....

Loz looks into his bank balance and sees an abyss!

:zee:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links