Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Alarm Decided To Go Off Randomly?

KentIS300

Hello guys,

After having my IS300 SportCross for about 3-4 weeks, I have had no problems at all, other than the obvious (front arms bushes need replacement and sticky caliper piston)

However tonight my alarm decided to go off, and that was just after midnight, first time disarmed it... then I went to bed again..

10 mins later gonne off again, this happened 3 times.

On the 3rd time I decided to put some WD40 on the bonnet lutch I have seen it online that some can cause that, 5 mins later ... Alarm sound again.

Having no obvious way of disabling the alarm and the manual lock not being so manual... as I found out it will still arm the alarm even if I do lock by the key and not the remote.

I decided to lock the doors via the lock button on the driver side panel, having left the front passenger door slightly open, then go on the passenger side and lock the door while I have outside door handle pulled close it ... and it is locked as well.

I hope the alarm is not set...

Has anyone had the same problem with the alarm?? Any trouble shooting?

For sure it cannot be so hard to disarm and alarm if you do not want it on some circumstances... all the cars with factory alarms I had ... they have somewhere some deactivation button or sequence .. ie for towing etc...

Thanks for any help in advace guys.

Hello guys,

After having my IS300 SportCross for about 3-4 weeks, I have had no problems at all, other than the obvious (front arms bushes need replacement and sticky caliper piston)

However tonight my alarm decided to go off, and that was just after midnight, first time disarmed it... then I went to bed again..

10 mins later gonne off again, this happened 3 times.

On the 3rd time I decided to put some WD40 on the bonnet lutch I have seen it online that some can cause that, 5 mins later ... Alarm sound again.

Having no obvious way of disabling the alarm and the manual lock not being so manual... as I found out it will still arm the alarm even if I do lock by the key and not the remote.

I decided to lock the doors via the lock button on the driver side panel, having left the front passenger door slightly open, then go on the passenger side and lock the door while I have outside door handle pulled close it ... and it is locked as well.

I hope the alarm is not set...

Has anyone had the same problem with the alarm?? Any trouble shooting?

For sure it cannot be so hard to disarm and alarm if you do not want it on some circumstances... all the cars with factory alarms I had ... they have somewhere some deactivation button or sequence .. ie for towing etc...

Thanks for any help in advace guys.

Although I don't have same car, when I had weird alarm problems on my LS, it all went away

when I fitted a new car Battery.

Hi,

You have the same as me (2002 300 S/c) and I had just that problem.....search back maybe for various theories. After lots of ideas and help.... and finding out that a new alarm (Lex or not) would be v expensive (to do with ECU I recall) then I had my dealer take off the roof lining and disconnect the sensor on the roof...not too expensive to have done...result: Car keys can be put away again, instead of being on the bedside table !! Other alarm functions still all OK.

After that night incident and spraying a lot of DW40 on the bonnet latch ... it has been quite.

It might have been a fly .. or maybe the latch causing it... I don't know.

Well I am happy again.

It might have been the Battery ... as I was at a car show and my car was at the stand with bonnet open all day long and doors ... might have drained the Battery a bit and confused the alarm.

Thank you for the replies guys

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links