Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Is200 Induction Kits

Hey all,

After seartching high and low for intakes/induction kits made specifically for the IS200 1G-FE it proves quite limited, seems like lot are made for IS300 or the Altezza RS200 however i did find few :

Greddy trust 'arinx' intake from a japan base company was only £120ish + shipping & i presume get hit by the dreaded custom charge :(

a Power tec one but at £250ish thats quite alot a brand i dont really know alot about, any good ?

a 'Prolex' one at £165 considerably cheaper option IS200 prolex induction kit

Lastly i spotted this:

Lexus IS200 induction kit

Hmmm, usually when i see these twin air filters i see them on turbo charged cars such as supra / skyline GTR's but a NA IS200 ??

Any advice on which to get be great ! thanks !

I've done all the research there is to do on induction kits, and my conclusion after hours of research and talking to people who have them...

Buying an 'off the shelf' one is a total waste of money, they are ALL way overpriced for what they are comprised of.

I made my own and also did a detailed write up on how to make your own including a full list of all the bits you need on the the link below.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=73672&st=0&gopid=760650entry760650

The results are the same if not better than a retail purchased one as it gives you the chance to choose your own filter, colour of tubing/bends, where to route it etc.

Main benefits are: Lovely noise from the engine under full throttle & Increased Fuel Economy (I think if I drove sensibly everywhere I could easily get 450 miles from a tank)

Damm that looks good, you made it look quite easy to make one, seems gd idea though ! also enough clearance for that strut bar, only minor inconvenience for me is lack of the machinery you got so need to think how to get round that bit when it comes to cutting, so guess you wouldnt recommend that twin cone filter set up on that link i posted lol - (jk) out of interest how much did it cost you all in ?

I think it probably cost about £130 all in, but I've ended up with nearly half a meter of aluminium tubing (£27 per meter!) left over because I wasn't sure how much I need.

You could easily buy all the exact same stuff I used off eBay for under £100.

And as for the cutting, a hacksaw would be absolutely fine because the cuts are hidden inside the silicone bits anwway, you'd just have to give them a quick sand over so they weren't sharp. That's another benefit of making it out of aluninium, apart from the fact its lighter than stainless steel, its a LOT easier to cut! :)

Joking aside, I'll give you a few reasons I found why that twin cone one would actually be less effective than mine...

1. The route it takes is too long, the less distance the air has to travel the better

2. It has too many bends, every bend the air has to go round will increase its resistance getting to it's final destination

3. (probably the most important one) Those foam mushroom filters are a load of...rubbish. lol If nothing else, make sure you get an Apexi filter like I used on whatever kit you end up with as it has been proved to give the highest airflow and the best filtration against dirt :)

Thanks again, yeah that twin cone air filter does have bit too many bends, de tours ha ha ! never knew the mushroom foam filters wer crap, i use to like them and there quite popular or atleast was once upon a time when HKS brought them out, then other makers copied them. i like the apexi type one though ! another thing(i can live with) is you lose the engine cover with a intake unless of course custom cover :(

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links