Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hi Guys, just bought an old GS300 sport and thought i'd share a few photos. Always fancied one of these in this colour and decided to take a punt. The car has a knock on the front drivers wing but everywhere else is immaculate, not rust at all, no scuffed bumpers. The exhaust is maybe past it's best but it's still serviceable I guess. Might be on the look out for an economic one :winky:

So here it is

IMG_0292.jpg

IMG_0293.jpg

IMG_0294.jpg

IMG_0296.jpg

IMG_0302.jpg

IMG_0301.jpg

IMG_0300.jpg

ouch!!!

IMG_0297.jpg

IMG_0291.jpg

It's a bit retro inside but everything works

IMG_0298.jpg

IMG_0299.jpg

Hope you enjoy the pix, the plan is to refurb the alloys, change the wing out as i've found one on eBay in the right colour for £29, I'd also like to fit a new exhaust and finally maybe some 10" wide rears.

looks nice. I had one for 6 years and it was totally reliable. I still prefer the shape to the later models. Hope yours proves as reliable as mine.

Dave

most people will think I'm a bit nuts for buying it, I could afford much newer machinery and currently have a few cars other cars on my drive some of which you can see in the pics, 2002 AUDI TT, 1998 Frontera offroader, 2008 Passat, 2008 Peugoeot 207CC (GFs). However just like Dave and some others I like the Mk1 and this one came up cheap and in good condition other than the wing and I thought I'd try it for a few months being a bit of a petrol head.

That's my car on eBay, I always try to move things on quickly I might make a couple of quid. The plan realy is to get the MOT, in tomorrow for that, get the wing and fix the exhaust.

As to the condition of the car, I'm genuinely amazed, it's 16 years old and the bodyword (other than the wing) does not have any rust or scratches... Nothing at all! My GF's 207cc and my passat both have more marks and they are only 3 years old, some one looked after this car. Everything electric works and it has P-zeros all round with about 6mm of tread.

The wheels need polishing though and my plan is to do them this weekend.

The only thing that doesn't work on the car is the interior light but I bought a new bulb for that today.

Wonder what it will fail on, other than the exhaust leak :crybaby: ????

OK. So you have just bought it, and are currently selling it? Slightly confusing as I can't see why you would upgrade the rear wheels, change the wing etc if it is already up for sale with the current wheels and dented wing :blink:

A sligh advert by any chance? :whistling::lol:

It's not a car i intend to keep for a long time, a few months maybe 6. Although I've said that about a couple of others I've kept for a year or so. The car is for sale because if someone makes me a good offer on eBay I'll take some money with a smile :winky: . If they don't well then I'll do the things mentioned, keep a few months and then move it on.

As for being an advert, I think you'll notice that tigerfish pointed out it was on eBay, not me. Also I have not included the link or the price, so if it is an advert, it's a very poor one.

If you did look on eBay, not that you should as this is not an advert, the price is a little high because basically I want to keep it a while.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links