Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

The LS is now back at mine after the insurance let me keep it so now it's repair time.

I have found the relevent part of the manual for bumper removal by searching but cannot find the same for the wing removal.

So if anyone has this part of the repair manual or knows of a link to it ( I have searched) could they please give me the details or a link.

Thanks,

Steve

The LS is now back at mine after the insurance let me keep it so now it's repair time.

I have found the relevent part of the manual for bumper removal by searching but cannot find the same for the wing removal.

So if anyone has this part of the repair manual or knows of a link to it ( I have searched) could they please give me the details or a link.

Thanks,

Steve

Heres a link to the United states of a Miracle removing a Fender hope this helps. Mike

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=58281

Bluesman I also found that link but it seems to be regarding bumper removal not the wing but thank ou for helping.

abs66 PM sent.

Another senior moment.

Mike

Bluesman I also found that link but it seems to be regarding bumper removal not the wing but thank ou for helping.

abs66 PM sent.

Another senior moment.

Mike

Not quite a senior moment!

According to the w/shop manual, removal of the bumper is needed to access all the fixing bolts for

the wing!

abs66 PM sent.

Another senior moment.

Mike

According to the w/shop manual, removal of the bumper is needed to access all the fixing bolts for

the wing!

You are correct, I have found there are 2 bolts below the side light where the bumper is attached to the wing, they run horizontal so therefore as you say the bumper needs to come off 1st.

I have also managed to remove the lower plastic trim on the wing but it would seem that you also need to remove the plastic sill cover also as this also goes over the bottom edge of the wing.

I bet Benfur knows what to do as he has removed wings before and I will hopefully be ordering mine soon.

abs66 PM sent.

Another senior moment.

Mike

the wing!

You are correct, I have found there are 2 bolts below the side light where the bumper is attached to the wing, they run horizontal so therefore as you say the bumper needs to come off 1st.

I have also managed to remove the lower plastic trim on the wing but it would seem that you also need to remove the plastic sill cover also as this also goes over the bottom edge of the wing.

I bet Benfur knows what to do as he has removed wings before and I will hopefully be ordering mine soon.

Hi Steve

Of all the Ls400s the early series is the most difficult

yes you have to remove the plastic sill trim to access various bolts grommets

sometimes the grommets have to be chiseled off as they are seized in place

you already have the wing lower cladding trim removed so can access the anchorage bolts at this end

The front bumper does indeed need to be removed

there is a nut which is concealed by the side light - so remove side light and you will see the nut to the side of the headlight, there is also a couple anchoring to the flitch and inner wing

remove all bumper indicator and fog lights as these holes give some access to the anchorage bolts

Use Plenty of WD40 as the bolts are likely to be seized and snap off easily

The Wing top end bolts are clear to see, however you will need to lift the scuttle tray at its corners to the windscreen to access 2 x 10mm nuts

Plus there is a bolt that hold the side of the wing - open the door and you will see it half way up

Once you are confident all nuts / bolts are removed

Gently lift and prise the wing away - careful not to scrape the door

I probably have forgotten something, take your time and if the wing does not come out with ease then there is a nut / bolt holding it somewhere

All The Best

Maurice

abs66 PM sent.

Another senior moment.

Mike

the wing!

:hehe: Medication is working then whobloodyray. :hehe:

Mike

• 4 years later...

Perhaps an easy Q. having seen a Wing replacement which frankly is not much better than the one I have with bubbbling - and having read the above exhaustive explanation for wing removal - how does the plastic trim come off the wheel arch?

Might as well work on existing wing in the circumstances and avoid taking off. I've seen a photo of the rear which suggests welded on clips with a round part?

Thanks

Stuart

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links