Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hello From A Newbie

Hello everyone

I've brushed my hair and cleaned my shoes and wandered over from TOC.

I recognise a few LOC members from their postings over in TOC.

Anyway don't own a Lex yet but seriously considering an IS 200 SE. I have a number of threads about this going on over on TOC.

Wanted to register here to get a bit more detail on the IS - so looking forward to finding out more and chatting with some of you.

Well I'd like to give you a nice long list of a mod' 3.0 twin turbo Supra but actually -

My wife has a 2002 1.3 Gls Yaris in Black which I use evenings / weekends.

To get to work I have a 94 Carina E Gli saloon. It's the Carina I want to change for an IS.

Well I'm looking to spend about £14500 - £17500. I've pretty much decided on a manual SE, in black with exmoor. Theres currently 3 Lexus approved that match this.

Spent quite some time with Dan From Lexus Hatfield (anyone know / trust him ?) last week and he is contacting me tommorow with some figures on buying new. I think new is out of my league with a list of £20610 - he needs to get some heavy discount in to get near my numbers but lets see.

Thanks all for the welcome.

Welcome to the club, and good luck wth your search for a Lex - go for it, you'll absolutely adore it! :) :)

PS - They don't seem to call it hair round here, I think it's referred to as 'fro ;) :lol:

Noticed the 'fro thing but didn't like to ask !

Supra - ta for the pm. Not sure it's quite me, specifically want black and need pcp or similar.

Best deal on the table so far £19450. Still got to work on APR and P/Ex but I'm getting there.

Reminder - this is a new black IS200 SE manual, What do you think - can I do better ?

Peterb

Yaris is a great choice for a second car or moderate use - I wouldn't want to be doing 500 + miles a week in it but for general run around, shopping, school runs etc. I think it's unbeatable.

You have done the right thing going for the 1.3 - worth the additional premuim plus you get a few more toys. Should return about 42 MPG. Plus - despite being about 5 years old now - people who have never seen the 'digi dash' will still be impressed by it ! That said I think the Spirit has got regular dials.

The Yaris has a good driving position and space inside will probably surprise you.

The rear seats slide back and forth to increase load space or come out all together. The interior is a bit cheap and plasticy but - hey - the whole car costs about half an IS !

Servicing is well cheap (especially if you have been used to running Lex) the Yaris needs a full service every 2 years and it's about £90. 'course the 1.3 is only £100 a year road tax as well.

Yaris has best retained value of any Toyota although this may be affected now that there is a new model (you don't say if you are getting new or used).

The only negatives I've heard on the Yaris from TOC is:

1. 2nd Gear hard to select / crunching

2. Tyre valves difficult to access on wheel trim models

3. Wind noise

Have to say though I haven't noticed any of these things on mine.

Of course you've bought the best one - the T Spirit. If you haven't been over to TOC yet you may wish to - the T Spirit is much admired there and there will be no shortage of people wanting to chat about it and offer advice.

PCP = Personal Contract Purchase? Think it's the scheme whereby you buy the car on finance with an option after 3 years to either 1) make a single final large payment & keep the car, or 2) hand the car back, or 3) p/x it for another ?? :unsure:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links