Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

The Best Car Wash...

Mr-Lex

Well they are all over the place in London..............would'nt you just love to do that

every corner! worst one's are the one's they start cleaning even if you told them NOT to!!! :angry: In return I give them a penny to throw it in their face... :whistling:

had my first experience with these guys in London the other week.

Guy washed my windowscreen (to be fair Loz - he used soapy water and a squeezee :P ) - so I dropped the wind and gotsome change out of my ashtray, which is where I dump all my loose change.

He looks in - sees all the pound coins in there - and his hands is in the car, pointing at the ashtray saying "Pounds...pounds.."

He wasn't actually trying to take anything - but he still had his hands in the car, and wouldn't take them out when I moved the wind up a bit.

Soon moved 'em when the lights changed though - not often I go for a "full throttle racing start" from the lights - but it got his hands out of the car.

cheeky :tsktsk:

had my first experience with these guys in London the other week.

Guy washed my windowscreen (to be fair Loz - he used soapy water and a squeezee :P ) - so I dropped the wind and gotsome change out of my ashtray, which is where I dump all my loose change.

He looks in - sees all the pound coins in there - and his hands is in the car, pointing at the ashtray saying "Pounds...pounds.."

He wasn't actually trying to take anything - but he still had his hands in the car, and wouldn't take them out when I moved the wind up a bit.

Soon moved 'em when the lights changed though - not often I go for a "full throttle racing start" from the lights - but it got his hands out of the car.

cheeky :tsktsk:

thats insane

imagine if you had your kids in the car or it was a lone female? (not wanting to be sexist)

i do not agree with begging, which is what it is

i have been in some scrapes in my life , but ive never needed to do that

when i was in france there were beggers everywhere they would walk up to your car and stick their babies in the window ...

what do you do

imagine if you had your kids in the car or it was a lone female? (not wanting to be sexist)

good point mate - I was at the front of a very busy junction at a red light - had nowhere to go at all.

I suspect that people who are used to it just don't drop the window - spray the windscreen washers, get wipers going - move the car backwards and forwards a bit - keep the :tsktsk: s away.

i do not agree with begging, which is what it is

i have been in some scrapes in my life , but ive never needed to do that

when i was in france there were beggers everywhere they would walk up to your car and stick their babies in the window ...

what do you do

yuck - harsh.

I would just give them money - I am too much of a soft touch.

I always give to people on the street / buy the big issue etc etc.

I always figure that a quid means more to them than it does to me - although I am probably just appeasing my own subconcious

I would just give them money - I am too much of a soft touch.

I always give to people on the street / buy the big issue etc etc.

I always figure that a quid means more to them than it does to me - although I am probably just appeasing my own subconcious

i (we) never give to folks on the street

but we buy the big issue

that is different that is helping folks help themselves you can see its not just throwing your money away

what do you do

I find they move away from the car very quickly if you move both hands to hold the baby and say Merci Beaucoup :lol:

There was a reaport on a guy who stands selling big issues in my local town...apparently he was making upto £1000 a month selling them!! :o

There was a reaport on a guy who stands selling big issues in my local town...apparently he was making upto £1000 a month selling them!! :o

good luck to him.

just 'cos he's selling the Big Issue doesn't mean he isn't allowed to make a decent living from it.

you'd have to pay me more than that to stand out in all weathers selling magazines.

so I dropped the wind and gotsome change out of my ashtray, which is where I dump all my loose change.

Have you got the same ashtray as the rest of us Matt? About 4 coins and its full!

Have you got the same ashtray as the rest of us Matt? About 4 coins and its full!

I've had over £20 in it mate - that was pretty full though (sure my mileage got better when I emptied it :lol::lol: )

is this a new difference between the models?

My ashtray is to the right of the cigarette lighter - above the gear stick? :unsure:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links