Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know of a guide or instructions for removing the headlamp unit in a GS, mk3, 2005?

(If so, please could you point me in the right direction!)

My passenger side headlamp is suffering from condensation and I have read that a hair dryer and sealant could well fix it. However, I have been reading and searching the forum for hours looking for a guide on how to do this and unfortunately I couldn't find one!

Does anyone have any experience with this?

I would really appreciate some advice and tips.

Thank you for your time, I really appreciate your help with this.

Cheers.

Hi, in most cases, you might not need to remove the headlights-a slightly tricky job. I had the same issue with my 2001 GS. I simply removed the bulbs from the headlights and gently used a hair dryer to dry them out by blowing the warm air inside via the holes where the bulbs fit (or in warm weather leave the car facing the sun with the bulbs out to give the water somewhere to evaporate from-a couple of days should do it. Alternatively leave the car in you garage for a day with the bulbs removed an a dehumidifier running) I then carefully used a clear bathroom sealant over the original sealant, which on inspection didn't seem that well done when new (where the clear lens meets the black plastic casing). The bathroom sealant cost £1-a lot cheaper than new headlights! P.S. Lexus's seem to hate having pressure washers directed at the headlights or fog lamps-use a good old fashioned low pressure hose instead! Hope this helps- Davidfromkernow

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links