Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Slugish

imi

It's been a couple of weeks now, but, i am starting to feel that the car is getting a bit sluggish recently.. had the day off work yesterday so went down to Alton Towers, even on the motorway it felt a little bit sluggish, i think the max speed i did was around 100, (filled up using Optimax though).

But then again sometimes it drive fine :blink: It's been serviced by the dealers, and i've got 18" wheels and HKS Ti Hiper, so do you reckon it's me just getting a general feeling.. :yack:

Just waiting for the Induction Kit to arrive, then get it installed & give it Rolling Road Tune up..

I wouldn't expect too many miracles from an induction kit and an ECU upgrade with rolling road tune-up, on a standard car. :lookaround:

However, sometimes you forget just how much better your car can be over a standard car.

When I had my car in for a service, recently, I took out a standard IS200. :sick:

I kept checking to see if I was in the right gear. :lol:

Second felt like I had changed into 4th and 3rd felt like I was in 6th.

My advice is go ask your dealer for a go in a standard car, so you can feel the difference for yourself.

Zee007 Posted on Jun 26 2003, 12:44 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Supercharge it................. 

The money tree hasn't fully grown up yet :lol::lol:

Does anyone know about getting the ECU Flashed or something? :blink:

I phoned up my local Lexus garage and they told me that there is no ECU on the manual cars, just on the auto-transmission... which I think is them talking out of their @rse! The ECU "remembers" your car usage, petrol type, if you thrash your engine, etc. and adjusts your VVTi (as just one example) accordingly.

I have been advised to ask for the ECU to be reset during each service, as the car components have been modified (oil, plugs, tyres, etc). You should also do it if you want to change petrol types from say 95RON to Shell Optimax 98RON... so I've been told. Someone else should be able to confirm this.

You can take it into the garage and they can hook up the computer and reset it - costs about £20. You can do it yourself by disconnecting the Battery for about an hour (or better still overnight) - costs nowt!!

what if you take out one of the fuses... :blink:

I did this when i installed a new ABS Sensor and the ABS/TractionOff Light was lit up the dash board.. took one of the fuses out for 30 secs and it reset the ECU.. (well that's what i got told by one of the mechanic i know)

I remember Zee saying something about disconnecting the Ground wire from the battery and pressing the brake pedal for 5 mins to reset the ECU...

Can anyone confirm this is how to reset the ECU?

yep

And that means the ECU configures itself the next time the engine is running?

I remember Zee saying something about disconnecting the Ground wire from the battery and pressing the brake pedal for 5 mins to reset the ECU...

If you do it this way, remove the ground wire for a few minutes should do it, but you need then only press the brake pedal once.

This discharges any residual current going to the ECU.

N.B. Your A/B trip odometer, clock and radio station settings will also be lost, and will need reprogramming.

If you do it this way, remove the ground wire for a few minutes should do it, but you need then only press the brake pedal once.

N.B. Your A/B trip odometer, clock and radio station settings will also be lost, and will need reprogramming.

But I'm guessing your overall mileage reading is not effected???

Is this the car equivalent of CTRL-ALT-DEL ! :huh:

Is this the car equivalent of CTRL-ALT-DEL ! :huh:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I guess so :lol::lol:

....... N.B. Your A/B trip odometer, clock and radio station settings will also be lost, and will need reprogramming.

But I'm guessing your overall mileage reading is not effected???

Fortunately not. (Or is that unfortunately NOT ;) )

If it were possible, you'd be guilty of "clocking", and that would be highy illegal :lol:

The A/B trip counter memory on the odometer gets reset to zero.

Your car mileage will not be effected.

Thanks Gord............ considering you were the one who told me how to do it....... :D

So is this resetting the reason all my radoi stations and odo's are lost after each service ? :unsure:

Ithought someone was just messing around with the buttons for a laugh ... :ph34r:

why not both?

Yes, that'll do. Take both off.

But just to be sure Mat, siphon out all the petrol from your tank as well.

And also of course, let out all the air from your tyres as well.

That should do it. ;)

Just to be sure.. of course.

:lol: :lol:

GRiM:

However, sometimes you forget just how much better your car can be over a standard car.

When I had my car in for a service, recently, I took out a standard IS200. 

I kept checking to see if I was in the right gear.   Second felt like I had changed into 4th and 3rd felt like I was in 6th.

My advice is go ask your dealer for a go in a standard car, so you can feel the difference for yourself.

I took your advice, and after work yesterday, i rang my mate up whos got a Standard IS200 and took that for a test drive, while he drove mine.. :shifty:

The outcome is as you specified, an there is a difference betweeen the two, even he agreed that mine was more responsive than his, so i put down to me just being :iraqi-info-minister: :lol::lol:

By the way put some more Optimax in this morning, it drove excellent.. :yahoo:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links