Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Changed Front Brakes, Now Have Problem With Caliper

DylanLaw

Hi all. I recently changed the front brake discs and pads on my IS200 SE along with the slide pins, bushes and boots after following the excellent guides I found on this site. Everything went great and I was quite chuffed with myself until I came to refit the drivers side caliper. The top caliper bolt (that holds the caliper holder to the wheel hub) seemed to be threading in fine until it reached where it should have stopped but it just kept turning. I then got onto Lexus Parts Direct & ordered 6 new bolts (overkill I know but I wasn't taking any chances) after an engineer told me the thread was sheered. The new bolts arrived yesterday so I have just tried fitting them and the new bolts are doing exactly the same.

I use my car daily for getting to work and the MOT is due this weekend so I'm panicking quite a lot now. Does anybody know what can be done to fix this problem as I'm really desperate?

Thanks in advance

Thanks for the quick reply. Is this a common issue? The caliper holder was a bugger to get off, good thing I had a breaker bar and impact sockets to hand. I've ordered another caliper carrier as that seems to be where the problem is, do you think that would fix it? It cost me £30 delivered

Great, thanks for the help. Wish I didn't have to spend any extra but never mind. The original bolt was in real tight but came out fine with the help of a breaker bar, how could it have sheered the thread off and do you think there is anything I can do to try prevent it happening again when the replacement carrier arrives?

Yeah it looks like the thread has gone rather thin. well good news is my new caliper carrier arrived this morning and it fitted perfectly so all is well. Thanks for all the help again guys, this site really is a god send

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links