Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hi, i have never had a problem with my fobs upto tonight, does anyone know what the problem may have been.

I went out tonight went to my daughter locked ok and when i came out it unlocked ok, from there i went to my grandaughters but when i took key out of ignition and shut the door the fob would not lock so i tried my other key fob and that would not lock it either, what i had to do was open the door put key in igntion and start the engine then stop it take key out shut door and the fobs worked ok ?

As anyone any idea what the problem was. or maybe.

Cheers

Don

Well as anyone got any idea what the problem is? i have used car every day since the last time i had this problem with out any problem, but tonight i locked the car and after coming back to unlock it the fobs would not unlock it so i tried opening with key but alarm went off, so i shut the door and waited for alarm to stop and then tried again 3 times in all i tried and still neither fob would work, so the last time i opened the door withalarm going off put key in ignition turned radio off then took key out off ignition and shut door and pressed the unlock on fob and it worked? as anyone got any idea what the problem is!!!!!!!!!!!

no mate i make sure i dont put my keys anywhere which i think may damage them, but i will say its only happened since i had my front bearing done and i did notice when i picked car up they must have dissconnected Battery as i had to reprogram my radio and clock, the other thing is that on both times i have had trouble the car as been parked by a electrical sub station in my grandauhters street?

when i got back tongiht it locked fine and i have been out again since and as been fine !!!!!!!!

Well cant find anything wrong? have spoken to LEXUS BHAM and they assured me the keys dont need reprograming and as it as only happened twice and in the same spot ( electical sub station) it is mostlikely to be this, but if it happens again somewhere else then i am to conntact them asap, so it looks like i will not park there anymore :whistling:

sometimes door stays still opened, meybe not your but others thats why lock button won`t work, next time you have this problem check the all doors are properly shut, or just have a look at dushboard from outside if door opened indicating light is on.

both key fobs had new batties a few months back and both key fobs would not work on both times.

yes all doors was locked on both times I check all doors when ever I park up.

Its got to have been the sub station like LEXUS confirmed would most likely be the problem.

both key fobs had new batties a few months back and both key fobs would not work on both times.

yes all doors was locked on both times I check all doors when ever I park up.

Its got to have been the sub station like LEXUS confirmed would most likely be the problem.

Fair enough, if it's happened a few times in the same location and nowhere else, it is most likely some form of radio interference.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links