Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Loc Rolling Road Day

Zee007

Having been reading through Banzai and Jap Performance magazines of late, I have noticed quite a few clubs that find a rolling road venue for a day, get their motors tested and have a magazine do a photo shoot too.

So, I was wondering (hoping actually) that there would be folks interested in doing this and I could organise a feature in a magazine too.

Surely Kieren, Chris, Goose man, Dave and the like with S/C's would like to see what they are pushing? And how about you boys with Inductions? Of course, the IS300 boys will want to show us how good their motors are, the altezza imports will show us what a 4 pots all about and no doubt Loz and the GS crew will want to put us all to shame!

So how about it? Standard or modified, UK spec or import, IS or GS or LS or whatever - are we to rolling road or not to rolling road.... that is the question....

Zee. :zee:

Those Interested:

- Zee (IS200 S/C + Stage 1)

- Ryan (TOC - MR2 '91 Rev1 SW20)

- Fargo (IS200 Ind, Chip, Exh)

- Fidgits (IS200 Standard)

- Dave Ellen (IS200 S/C + Stage 1)

- Norkep (Twin Turbo Aristo)

- DarkIS (IS200 S/C + Stage 2/3)?

- Knowlson (TOC - AE111 Corolla SR 4A-GZE)

- Ae111sr (TOC - '98 AE111 Corolla SR 4A-FE)

- Kavey (Altezza RS200 L Edition Turbo'd)?

- Ifraz (IS200 Standard)

- Altezzaz (Altezza RS200 Z Edition)

- SupraCharged (IS200 2JZ-GTE Conv)

- Yaristpot (TOC - Yaris T Sport, Exh, Ind)

- Pavlitos (TOC - Yaris SR)

- Dawesy (TOC - Corolla AE-92 3S-GTE)

- Starletsy (TOC - GT Tubo)

- BigStarboKev (TOC - GT Turbo)

- Dosenoffner (TOC - Celica GT4)

- GT4 WRC (TOC - Celica GT4)

- Scot (TOC - '73 TA22 2TG/3T)

- Imi (IS200 Exh, Ind)

- ScreechMR2 (TOC - MR2)

- Chris Shipley (IS200 S/C)

- Fever (IS200 Exh)

- Jac114 (GS300 Standard)

LOC: 15 TOC: 12

TOTAL: 27 Cars

OK - just to clarify a few points.

My thoughts at this moment in time are that we need to initially gather an idea of how many people would REALLY be interested in (probably) taking a week day off work to come to an all day RR session. I will not be contacting Banzai or Jap Performance Mag until I am comfortable we have a solid group of people to make a real go of it.

I would also expect the RR venue to be located fairly centrally as we have people from all over the country joining us. I am obviously open to suggestions, but we shall not be picking a venue that is on the South coast or in Scotland.

In terms of dates, this will be AFTER JAE, but again, we need to make sure it is convinient for the vast majority.

Finally, by putting your name down at this stage does NOT mean you are now commited. Of course once everything is confirmed and booked, we shall start collecting a deposit nearer the time.

Hope this helps somewhat, and I look forward to this first RR day for LOC and TOC taking off!

:zee:

I think a few of us over on TOC might be interested as well :)

:whistling:

Great Ryan - tell you what, why don't you kick one off in TOC then and let's see what we come up with...

And I'd like to join in... it might be stock.. but at least it will give a yard-stick for you lot :winky:

absolutely right Ian - at the end of the day, it will be a great day out in any case... glad you're up for it pal.... ;)

OK - just to clarify a few points.

My thoughts at this moment in time are that we need to initially gather an idea of how many people would REALLY be interested in (probably) taking a week day off work to come to an all day RR session. I will not be contacting Banzai or Jap Performance Mag until I am comfortable we have a solid group of people to make a real go of it.

I would also expect the RR venue to be located fairly centrally as we have people from all over the country joining us. I am obviously open to suggestions, but we shall not be picking a venue that is on the South coast or in Scotland.

In terms of dates, this will be AFTER JAE, but again, we need to make sure it is convinient for the vast majority.

Finally, by putting your name down at this stage does NOT mean you are now commited. Of course once everything is confirmed and booked, we shall start collecting a deposit nearer the time.

Hope this helps somewhat, and I look forward to this first RR day for LOC and TOC taking off!

Zee.

if it happen to be on a Tuesday, then put my name down, that it if i still got my car or not, it going in for the new body kit and respray in a week time, and it also going to have the ICE install at the same times as the body kit, so look like i wont have the car till end of September if everything go smoothly.... :whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling:

ack forgot the TTE SC kit too, after all the above mentioned work on the car..... :duh: :duh: :duh: :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

if it happen to be on a Tuesday, then put my name down, that it if i still got my car or not, it going in for the new body kit and respray in a week time, and it also going to have the ICE install at the same times as the body kit, so look like i wont have the car till end of September if everything go smoothly.... :whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling:

ack forgot the TTE SC kit too, after all the above mentioned work on the car..... :duh: :duh: :duh: :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

As I mentioned earlier mate: "In terms of dates, this will be AFTER JAE, but again, we need to make sure it is convinient for the vast majority."

If you won't have your car back till September and then it goes to TDi, I suspect you'll miss out.... We'll see once things are clarified...

hyeah bwoyz!!

I'll have to pick carefully which to bring for this but I am deffo up for an rolling road sesh! Don't know if I am more interested in the figures on my orad biiaatch or my track bytch. Onlyt time will tell.

See you all there with your long faces as Zee pulls off a 245bhp sheet without the usual back handers!

Me, I'll be happy to see the GS pull 220 and the CRX do a respectable 150+ anything less will result in mass hysteria and gunshots!! you have been warned :ph34r:

Supracharged-IS340 Posted on Jun 25 2003, 02:58 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MAZ, why u getting all this work done to your car, just before JAE, the biggest jap car show in europe

I had planned most of this work for a while back now, and it had been nothing but delay, delay, delay, it wasnt for all this delay i would have it all done before JAE, but then that life :sad::sad::sad: , hehe, i can alway look forword to next year JAE,hehe :whistling::whistling:

btw the bodyshop got my full body kit, so i want to get it done asap...hehe :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

maybe i can wait on the TTE SC.... we will see...... :whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links

Lexus Owners Club Powered by Invision Community

eBay Disclosure: As the club is an eBay Partner, the club may earn commision if you make a purchase via the clubs eBay links.

DISCLAIMER: Lexusownersclub.co.uk is an independent Lexus forum for owners of Lexus vehicles. The club is not part of Lexus UK nor affiliated with or endorsed by Lexus UK in any way. The material contained in the forums is submitted by the general public and is NOT endorsed by Lexus Owners Club, ACI LTD, Lexus UK or Toyota Motor Corporation. The official Lexus website can be found at http://www.lexus.co.uk