Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Throttle Cable Ajustment Question

Due to a missfire under load issue I have just removed and cleaned out the TB. I checked the spark plugs at the same time.

I noticed the 3 cables were all slack when i removed them and putting them back they still were of course.

I have ajusted the the slack out of the throttle cable but the one at the side of it, the cruise control cable i think, still has about 10mm of slack in it. Should i ajust the slack out of this as well????

Due to a missfire under load issue I have just removed and cleaned out the TB. I checked the spark plugs at the same time.

I noticed the 3 cables were all slack when i removed them and putting them back they still were of course.

I have ajusted the the slack out of the throttle cable but the one at the side of it, the cruise control cable i think, still has about 10mm of slack in it. Should i ajust the slack out of this as well????

The 3 cables consist of throttle, cruise and kick-down. The latter also affects the auto changing and if not correct you will detect gear changes that you could not tell before. The throttle and cruise dont have this effect. I would reassemble the kickdown with the existing slack - if its the 1 you haven't as yet sorted. See how it goes and if gear changing is smooth then fine.

Its the cruise control cable that still has the slack in it. about 10 mm. Should i ajust the slack out of it?

Not yet. I'd try it on the road for the reason I said 1st. Dont use the cc yet. If all is good, try the cc and only adjust the slack out a bit at a time until you are happy. its important to get the kickdown cable right before sorting the cc. As I said, if the kd is out the gears will snatch.

Tipex still has it's uses when making sure things go back to where they were,as already said don't adjust the kickdown cable if the transmission is smooth,over tightening this will result in a fast upshift sequence with jerky shifts.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links