Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Jobs Worth Or Me Expecting Too Much?

TigerFish

My '99 GS300 Sport went in for it's MOT on Wednesday. Thankfully it sailed through on everything bar the font on the number plates. So after the call from the garage I go down with my legal plates. The reception guy knew I would swap them back straight away once the new ticket was written so said "let's see if the tester will pass it as you have some legal plates". Nope, the tester made me stick the legal ones on and then refused to retest straight away so I had to walk home again and come back later. The other guy apologised, so he clearly thought the tester was being a bit of a tool. Jobs worth, or justified?

Either way it was a relief it sailed through bar the technicality :)

My '99 GS300 Sport went in for it's MOT on Wednesday. Thankfully it sailed through on everything bar the font on the number plates. So after the call from the garage I go down with my legal plates. The reception guy knew I would swap them back straight away once the new ticket was written so said "let's see if the tester will pass it as you have some legal plates". Nope, the tester made me stick the legal ones on and then refused to retest straight away so I had to walk home again and come back later. The other guy apologised, so he clearly thought the tester was being a bit of a tool. Jobs worth, or justified?

Either way it was a relief it sailed through bar the technicality :)

what a **** if i see the customer is running iffy plates but have standard ones in the boot or turn up with standard ones i will write a fail and a pass...

yes the tester is correct to make you fit them but he cant refuse to test it straight away(unless he's on an other mot)

whats wrong with your plates??

Hi, definatly jobs worth ! , my mot guy does all my servicin too and has even fitted parts for free if I supply them and washes the car before I get it back. Used them since I've owned the car (3yrs) when a garage values ur custom they go the extra mile. I always recommend them in Plymouth. Sound like at ur garage tigerish ur just another job. How about asking members in ur area it they recommend anyone. Ur mot man was just being petty and used his small bit of power just to annoy. Petty man.Steve.

whats wrong with your plates??

Dodgy font, failure sheet says something like "font not close enough to standard font", or words to that effect.

Fair enough they wanted to see a legal set to cover their behinds, just seemed a bit petty as they knew they would get taken straight off again.

NewOld3.JPG

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links