Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

need urgent help please went out to my mk1 gs300 sport unlocked it and it locked itself unlocked it again started car up went out came back home went to lock car and only drivers door locked did not hear solenoid work.when turn key to unlock you can hear it but when turn to lock it you cannot hear anything.can anyone tell me what i need to get this fixed please. ps do i need a new R/H front door solenoid.

many thanks kev.

hi guys.

ive locked all doors manually couple of times doors unlock with central locking no problem but wont lock all doors have cleaned out door barrel with wd40 still no change but now finding its draining the Battery over couple of days.ant help would be most greatfull.

kev.

Kev

Have you tried disconnecting the Battery to reset the ecu's. There is an ecu that controls the locking.

You may also need a new Battery in your alarm/key fob.

This usually works for me.

It may just be the cold weather, I went to use my GS on Boxing Day after a couple of days standing idle and it was dead.

I jump started it and it has been fine since but then the temperature has gone up a few degrees recently.

My stereo system and central locking have played up on occasion when it has been very cold.

Failing that you may need a new central locking module.

If you can bear with me I will dig out my workshop manual and see what the trouble shooting tips identify as possible causes.

Keith

Kev

Have you tried disconnecting the battery to reset the ecu's. There is an ecu that controls the locking.

You may also need a new battery in your alarm/key fob.

This usually works for me.

It may just be the cold weather, I went to use my GS on Boxing Day after a couple of days standing idle and it was dead.

I jump started it and it has been fine since but then the temperature has gone up a few degrees recently.

My stereo system and central locking have played up on occasion when it has been very cold.

Failing that you may need a new central locking module.

If you can bear with me I will dig out my workshop manual and see what the trouble shooting tips identify as possible causes.

Keith

hi keith.

i dont have a key/alarm fob never had one with car when i bought it a year ago.i am very worried that it keeps running my car Battery low dear not disconnect Battery as i dont have radio code.i keep starting it up every day to keep Battery up but noe im off the road till i get this sorted.central locking unlocks ok but wont lock with central locking ive locked all doors manualy.car was ok till boxing day when it locked itself when i went to go out.because i am disabled i dont know anyone who can help me thata why i put a thread on here to see if anyone can help.

i am getting very worried and desperate if anyone can help please.

many thanks kev.

update

car now drains over night i keep starting it up every morning to keep Battery up. have looked in boot cannot find central locking ecu in there.guess its going to have to stay off the road till i can find help to sort it out.

cheers kev.

update

car now drains over night i keep starting it up every morning to keep battery up. have looked in boot cannot find central locking ecu in there.guess its going to have to stay off the road till i can find help to sort it out.

cheers kev.

Have you had the Battery checked yet? It could be that your Battery is no good. If you are in the RAC or similar call them out for flat Battery and they should automatically check whether your Battery is any good.

Does the red light on the dash (the car symbol with doors open) go off when all the doors are shut? Does it light up with each door being opened - i.e. to confirm all of the door open/closed switches are ok.

Does the central locking work from the passenger door key?

You mentioned in your PM that the car locked itself when you started it the other day and it was a good job you had the spare key. Do you mean the car was running (key in ignition)? I'm inclined to think the drivers door lock switch or door open switch may have problems. I think by default if you unlock the car but don't open any doors, it will lock itself again after 30 seconds. If the car doesn't realise the drivers door has opened, it may well lock itself again. Hence the checks above to confirm the door open light is working for all doors. Also, if it the ecu can't figure out what is locked or unlocked, maybe it won't allow it to lock for safety reasons.

Has your stereo got a code set?

Does the red light on the dash (the car symbol with doors open) go off when all the doors are shut? Does it light up with each door being opened - i.e. to confirm all of the door open/closed switches are ok.

Does the central locking work from the passenger door key?

You mentioned in your PM that the car locked itself when you started it the other day and it was a good job you had the spare key. Do you mean the car was running (key in ignition)? I'm inclined to think the drivers door lock switch or door open switch may have problems. I think by default if you unlock the car but don't open any doors, it will lock itself again after 30 seconds. If the car doesn't realise the drivers door has opened, it may well lock itself again. Hence the checks above to confirm the door open light is working for all doors. Also, if it the ecu can't figure out what is locked or unlocked, maybe it won't allow it to lock for safety reasons.

Has your stereo got a code set?

hi rik

yes the red light on the dash board lights up each time when you open all four doors.when doing central locking from passenders door it unlocks all four doors but when lock only locks passenger front door.when car locked itself car was running it had been running for 10 mins.at the moment stereo is working ok as i have not let Battery go flat thats why i keep running it every day for 10 mins to keep Battery up.

only thing i can think off as i had been using water to defrost drivers lock has some water got in anywhere in drivers door lock assy?

as of at the moment still cannot get anyone to look at for me i have been let down by three different people as they say car is too complicated for them to work on even though i have that workshop disc you downloaded for me.it just looks like its going to have to sit here untill i can sort something out.although i do have a friend who is poping over monday or tuesday to see if he can help.he does not know anything about lexus hes redhot on mk2 golfs.

thanks for all your input rik.

cheers kev.

Has your radio got a security code set? If it hasn't been set, then you are fine to disconnect the Battery without knowing any codes.

When you put the key in the ignition, does the steering column adjust to the last set position?

Has your radio got a security code set? If it hasn't been set, then you are fine to disconnect the battery without knowing any codes.

When you put the key in the ignition, does the steering column adjust to the last set position?

hi rik.

dont know about the radio sucurity code set how do i tell?.

yes when you put key in the ignition the steering column adjusts.

cheers kev.

Has your radio got a security code set? If it hasn't been set, then you are fine to disconnect the battery without knowing any codes.

hi rik.

dont know about the radio sucurity code set how do i tell?.

yes when you put key in the ignition the steering column adjusts.

cheers kev.

When you switch the ignition on, if a code has been set, it should display "SEC" on the display briefly. If "SEC" doesn't get displayed, no code has been set and you are fine to disconnect the Battery.

OK, just wanted to make sure that the switch in the barrel that is used to detect the key is inserted appears to be working.

hi guys my update.

car is still off the road with the problem.i have managed to check what i am able to do and still cannot find the fault.i have had an offer of a couple of people from another lexus club to come up from london and have a look for me but at present have not been able too so far.really hope i can get this sorted shortly as shows will soon be coming up and i cannot attend yet.will keep you all posted.thanks for all the replies.

cheers kev.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links