Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Slide Pins

gokhan

Hi guys

My brakes need attention on my is200 (2005) so i have ordered 4 discs and pads (all round).

On the evidence of reading these forums , i would like to order slide pins and rubber's as well , thus i phoned lexus and the guy said the front slide pins = 4 and the rubber's whilst he said the parts for the back come in a kit = 2 slide pins + rubbers about £70 in total

Does the above sound like its the bits i need , also does anyone know a cheaper place for parts and the correct list of all parts i need , maybe i'll give jap parts a ring ??

Thanks in advance for all your help

Sorry, not too clued up on the IS but I didn't think the rears on the IS used slide pins, I thought it was opposing pistons ala the good old days?

As far as the fronts go, when you say "rubbers", do you mean the rubber boots? The reason I ask, is one slide pin on each side has a rubber bush on it, so it could mean those. I did a turorial on the slide pins on my GS (the IS fronts are the same procedure), Clicky, so take a look on there to see what I mean.

p.s. The disc and caliper change tutorials in my sig lines are also the same procedures for the IS fronts.

Yeah the rubber boots are fine just wanted a total list of everything needed if possible

You are confusing me now mate. If the rubber boots are fine, then you don't want everything? So what list do you want? Did you look in the topic I posted above, you will see what you need from that (for the fronts at least)? Even if the numbers are not the same, you can give the numbers to the parts guy and tell him you want the IS equivelents.

I'm still not convinced there are slide pins on the rear of an IS. There must be some IS owners looking at this thread to chirp in about rears!?

This is from LS brake experience, if the caliper pins are seized,sound rough when worked in and out or appear corroded replace them.If not regrease well with high temperature moly sulphite and refit.

I bought individual pins from Lexus at around a tenner each and the gaitor seal from a company called Big Red for around a fiver each so a complete axle set is around 60,00.

The seals are a force fit into the caliper mount and it is not easy to fit new ones without damaging them, again if not damaged leave them.

There are 2 part numbers for the pins the sub pin is 47715-22070

The main pin is 47715-30060

Again from the LS, one pin has a rubber seal on it the other doesn't which may explain the 2 part numbers.

The boots are listed as 47775-30070.

There are no caliper pins on the rear brakes just pad retaining pins secured by an R clip.

The anti rattle and pad retaining clips are normally stainless steel and a good clean up with brake cleaner and Duraglit returns them to a serviceable position.

Finally when replacing the discs make sure the hub flange to disc mating surface is cleaned well with a wire brush then a thin smear of copper grease.

To clear things up , i thought i would get the slide pins and rubber boots on all 4 sides replaced

i phoned up lex and was told the front of the is has 4 pins + boots , the rear brakes have 2 pins and various other bits in a kit £70 all in

thus what i may do is get the slide pins checked and then replace if required. (as the discs + pads cost £140 so i feel £70 is a bit much for slide pins)

All i wanted was a list to shop off i.e

4 slides pins

4 rubber boots

grease (what kind ?)

etc

if i could get that i would be set

Thanks for your help guys

Hi mate, from the links I and the others have posted, you should have all the info you need. As I suspected, there are no slide pins on the rear (see the diagram posted above) so I assume the kit is the retaining pins and shims.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links