Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Looking to buy a GS300 but I cant seem to find many that are in my price bracket and now red or silver, neither which I like much :yack: :excl:

Just wanna know how much it'd be to get a car resprayed completely to a nice colour in case I cant find one and I have to settle for a :sick: colour in the end :question:

Just wanna know how much it'd be to get a car resprayed completely to a nice colour in case I cant find one and I have to settle for a :sick:  colour in the end  :question:

A respray can cost anything from £50.00 up into the thousands

It all depends on how much you want to spend and how fussy you are when it comes to your cars paintwork.

Si Skippy knows of a paint shop local to him, was down there a few weeks ago and they seemed to know what they were talking about, had the right kit and were a friendly bunch. Zee will (should) have the contact details as well.

Cheers mate!

well if i get it done it's gotta be done well so looks like i'll have to start saving up.. or just wait for a car in the right colour! :sleeping:

i could just start to like silver... :lol:

:) Well so far it sounds good, cant wait till I can drive mine!

Problem is I gotta wait for the money from the loan first, and there's only 2 GS300 Sport available in the whole UK at the mo on autotrader that are between £3 and £6k. :sad:

wildrnes

Posted on Jun 20 2003, 08:23 AM

what colour do you want there are loads on autotrader

I want something dark, green or black or blue, something like that

wildrnes

Posted on Jun 20 2003, 09:39 AM

paid 3k for aristo

spent £800 on it

works fine

Well I hope to spend a little more now and get a good one for around £5-6k, and drive it for 2 yrs or so, then get a newer one

I might just settle for the standard version and convert it later on, don't think there's that much difference apart from it being lower and having spoiler on the boot?

You should get a high mileage 96-97 plate for around 6k but i would go for the sport still as conversion can be costly 18" rims don,t come cheap.Also avoid blue it is known as doom blue in the trade due to being very hard to sell.Getting back to your origonal post i would think a good respray would be around £700 - £800 pounds but i would add the money to purchase of car and spend a bit more if you can.

Thanks, I found a couple of Sports in the past few weeks that were under 6K but they still seem to be in short supply. Don't really care too mcuh about the colour as long as it's not red, which unfortunately seems to be what's the cheapest colour on the market. :crybaby:

found one silver GS 300 Mk1 Sport for £5.5 k with 108k miles so i'll go for it as soon as i get the cash :)

• 3 weeks later...

I know this is kinda redundant now as you have bought an LS400 but I can't help but say that I think the Early GS looks banging in that Pearl White. the sport even more so with those most distinctive rims!

A super looking if ever there was one.

Loz

Ps. gotta have the tan leather with it though and I guess tints don't look out of place. Am I just a pimp?

Ryan refers to my multi national challenge on friday night.

we had a mini toc/loc gathering and met some laydees for all over the world during the night:

South Africa - with no attitude thankfully and lovely blonde hair - Browns

USA - with a great mixed up west coast accent - in street waiting for her sista

Ireland - some dodgy bar over road from Park Steet (who's friend was so fat she had her own gravitational pull!)

England - Chantelle, Ahhhh Chantelle... lovely student of fashion at UCL

Pikey - (Ryan, where was that bird from with the pikey accent up stairs in that first club?)

But, I'm not a player... :whistling:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links