Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Finally I have some decent (IMO) alloy wheels on the Lexus, gone are the peeling chrome Impul Granz it came into the UK with and after a few failures on others I have now got a set of Mitsubishi Evo 9 wheels on.

Opinions good or bad welcome.

Sorry about the 1st picture not to my usual standard.

Thanks to benfur for supplying the wheel nuts.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e191/stevestvs2006/wheels3.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e191/stevestvs2006/wheels2-1.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e191/stevestvs2006/wheel1.jpg

If some one could put the pictures up that would be great I still haven't mastered this macBook!

Looks good :)

Are they 17" and did the centre bore match?

Just got some 18" 5 spoke LS430 rims to try on mine ;)

Andy

Yes 17" 8J width Offset is 38 ( Normal is 38-45) so fine there, bore on new wheels was 67.1 so purchased some spigot rings to take down to 60.1 on eBay for a fiver delivered.

Just thought I have no locking wheel nuts on these wheels so I have ordered a set of genuine Lexus ones from Lexus Woodford £13.50 delivered, a small investment for peace of mind.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320554707441&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_500wt_922

They were purchased from a company that buys wheels in bulk from manufacturers that have been fitted to their vehicles then for some reason have been replaced with a different type,they are effectively new,the only marks on mine were from removal of HAMMER ON balance weights!!! Why not use stick on ones I don't know but it seems to be common practice looking at pictures of these factory wheels fitted to new EVO 9 cars.

I decided to collect mine personally (courier delivery was £20.00 but for £40.00 in petrol I gave the LS a good run to North Yorkshire) and the guy went through the available stock with me to pick 4 of the best as some were more marked than others.

The set cost me £160.00 so £40.00 per wheel.

The wheels are very lightweight and I had my tyres swapped over onto them.

Being used to wide wheels and low profile tyres I am used to quite a hard ride and there is no difference with them,as for high speed handling I haven't had the chance yet to find out.

I've got to agree on the calipers thing, found a tin of red Hammerite in the garage some years ago and went for it, I think a change to black is in order along with the drum part of the rear discs.

I still have the multispoke chromes so may have them refurbed in the future,turns out the chrome is not chrome? but a type of plastic chrome which can be removed conventionally whereas real chrome plating need a special acid bath to remove.

This is all subject to available funds unless I can find my mislaid EuroMillions £113,000,000 ticket!!!!!!

I've got to agree on the calipers thing, found a tin of red Hammerite in the garage some years ago and went for it, I think a change to black is in order along with the drum part of the rear discs.

I still have the multispoke chromes so may have them refurbed in the future,turns out the chrome is not chrome? but a type of plastic chrome which can be removed conventionally whereas real chrome plating need a special acid bath to remove.

This is all subject to available funds unless I can find my mislaid EuroMillions £113,000,000 ticket!!!!!!

If you find that ticket you could get them gold plated & diamond encrusted they would set off the callipers better then :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links