Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Another Newbie Another Set Of Questions

newb1e

hello all

firstly i should introduce myself. my name is adam and i am from brum. i currently drive a Passat 2.0 TDI and looking to buy a bulletproof lexus in the near future. i have a modest budget of £9000 and i am looking at both IS220D or IS250. i never thought i could get one until recently. i believe i can get one with 50-60k mileage.

initial idea is to get a diesel so it doesnt cost too much to run. however after a brief look at the forum, the diesel model seems to be plagued with problems. i am swaying towards the V6 but scared of how much it would cost to run, in terms of fuel, tax, service etc.

could you guys offer some advice on which model to get, what to avoid etc? generally arm me with everything i need to know before i start viewing soon.

cheers guys

IS250 auto is the best choice based on recommendations on here, it's silky smooth and the economy is very good.

yea the recommendation seems to be leaning towards the IS250 Auto. how much for a full tank and how many miles roughly can you get out of it? i know this varies a lot from person to person but a rough estimate would be helpful. I have never owned a V6 before. im just slightly worried what it cost to keep one of them beast.

also, my money could only get me one of the earlier examples such as 55/06 reg. do these earlier models suffer from any problems? and more importantly does this model require changing of cambelt etc? and how often?

any advice is greatly appreciated. thanks.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links