Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Just Been Out In A Diesel Is

Had a Diesel manual IS Sport for a courtesy car yesterday and all I can say is......yeuuccchhh! :sick:

My old VW Golf diesel was far more refined an engine and I'm suprised that owners haven't got vibration white finger from the vibration that feeds back through the steering wheel and especially the gearstick. Other than that the car was the usual excellent IS. I was really glad to get back into my fully valeted IS 250 sport Auto though. B)

Had a Diesel manual IS Sport for a courtesy car yesterday and all I can say is......yeuuccchhh! :sick:

My old VW Golf diesel was far more refined an engine and I'm suprised that owners haven't got vibration white finger from the vibration that feeds back through the steering wheel and especially the gearstick. Other than that the car was the usual excellent IS. I was really glad to get back into my fully valeted IS 250 sport Auto though. B)

Now you're for it. Don't get upsetting the IS 220D owners, they're more sensitive about comments than the Morris Marina Owners Club :lol:

Now you're for it. Don't get upsetting the IS 220D owners, they're more sensitive about comments than the Morris Marina Owners Club :lol:

:tomato: I'm used to dodging (that isn't a mis-spell of dogging before anyone comments :lol: )

Before I bought the IS F-Sport I was (still am at the moment!) a moderator on a MK5 golf forum, so I have natural rhino skin :winky:

The car itself was great, but I simply couldn't believe that Lexus (that trades on refinement) has such a poor supression for NVH through the two main interfaces that the driver uses all the time ie. the steering wheel and the gearstick. The petrol version has absolutely no issues at all with NVH apart from a little tyre noise intrusion, but I expect that from any car (apart from maybe a Rolls Royce :duh: )

If I am being really picky (which I usually am) then the IS dashboard top could do with less of a sheen on it or the angles altering to help with reflection in sunlight onto the windscreen, the digital clock is a little retro (personal taste) and the hazard warning button could do with being larger or red or both. I'm also not a lover of the recently discovered velcro covering for the Isofix fittings as it smacks of cost cutting and definitely not something I thought I'd find in a Lexus. Overall though I do think that the car is very good and I love all the gadgets. B)

Hi Hurdy

You should have tried driving the early 220 model. You had to put up with the rear view mirror dancing as well. My dealer cured the shake under a recall, but the background vibration has never been fully cured. It is not noticeable after a while - honest - but I bet I look for it when I set off tomorrow with a cold engine.

Perhaps I should try a 250 when I'm ready to change again.

Hi Hurdy

You should have tried driving the early 220 model. You had to put up with the rear view mirror dancing as well. My dealer cured the shake under a recall, but the background vibration has never been fully cured. It is not noticeable after a while - honest - but I bet I look for it when I set off tomorrow with a cold engine.

Perhaps I should try a 250 when I'm ready to change again.

Yes, the rear view mirror did shake a little, but not as bad as some race prepped cars I've had to put up with :lol:

The worst ever was a Porsche 964 with race prep suspension and the rear view mirror constantly looked like it was having an epileptic fit......then it fell off! :hehe:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links