Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Lexus Models

Hi there new to this forum. Have just purchased a Lexus IS200 (51 plate) and I am well happy with it. My father purchased one 2 weeks before (53 plate) and I liked it so much I bought one as well. I have a quick query regarding the models though. They are both autos and both V5 documents say they are SE models. They are identical apart from 3 differences. Firstly he has a power outlet socket in his centre console and I can not find one anywhere on my car. Secondly my car has parking sensors and his does not which he isn't happy about as mine is a little older. Thirdly mine has a rear spolier with integrated brake light and his does not. In between the front and back doors on my car I have a letter "S" on both sides and his doesn't. Just wondering if there were deviations of the SE model to account for these differences as I would have expected them to be identical and if anything for his car to a few added extras as it is slightly newer. Were these spoilers and parking sensors fitted as standard on some models or would they have been added? Any info most appreciated!! Thanks

Hi there and welcome to the club :D

Parking sensors were always an option, so yours clearly had them fitted and your dad's didn't. Not an expensive thing to add though so you can always do it aftermarket as many on here have.

The power outlet in the centre console isn't on any IS200 so that's clearly been added by a previous owner.

The spoiler was also an option on SE models, so yours has been fitted by a previous owner. Only '05' plate cars had the spoiler fitted as standard.

That "S" on each side of the car is also not a standard thing, actually curious as to what it looks like so post a pic if you can :)

Hi there and welcome to the club :D

Parking sensors were always an option, so yours clearly had them fitted and your dad's didn't. Not an expensive thing to add though so you can always do it aftermarket as many on here have.

The power outlet in the centre console isn't on any IS200 so that's clearly been added by a previous owner.

The spoiler was also an option on SE models, so yours has been fitted by a previous owner. Only '05' plate cars had the spoiler fitted as standard.

That "S" on each side of the car is also not a standard thing, actually curious as to what it looks like so post a pic if you can :)

Thanks very much indeed for that most helpful information. I will indeed post a pic of the "S". As I'm new on here maybe you can tell me how I upload it to the site. Cheers!

Thanks very much indeed for that most helpful information. I will indeed post a pic of the "S". As I'm new on here maybe you can tell me how I upload it to the site. Cheers!

No probs, easiest way is to upload them somewhere like photobucket or picasa, and then link to them here.

Welcome

the power outlet (cig lighter) is on the centre console below the heated seat switches, near the gear shifter on all models as standard, i'm more curious as to where yours has gone gareth?? so your dad may have 2 if theres one in one of the compartments

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links