Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Fitting Sub With Standard Headunit.

Hank B

Hello

Has anyone done this? I know I'll be needing an amp with high level inputs but what I really want to know is, is there a remote power lead? I've got an '03 IS300 with the amped standard unit and tbh it sounds pretty awesome so I don't want to change the headunit, just really needs a sub for really deep bass. I'm thinking the standard amp must have a remote lead on it so surely I can splice into that? but what one is it?

Cheers for any help. :duh:

• 2 weeks later...

When you say 'remote' lead. Do you mean the ACC circuit on the ignition so stuff only comes on when the key is turned?

If so, its the grey wire on the big white plug that goes into the back of the radio.

You can always double check that by poking a multimeter in the plug just incase colour codes are different on certain years.

Hope that helps. And sorry if this has already been sorted!

There's a mod you can do to the stock amplifier that adds phono line-outs. It involves a bit of soldering, but that's about it. I can't quite remember where I saw the mod- may have even been on here. But it's deffo possible.

Hey, couple years ago my mate had a Megane, and a stock head unit, didnt change because of the stupid shape of the H/U

so he bought a phono converter that JIMXMS was on about...

what it is is a block that has speaker cables coming out of it...these you attatch to the rear speakers in the back

then the box has a R&W phono output block where you plug a phono cable straight into the amp..simples :)

im about to do the same with mine...when i get it ;)

Try going into Halfords...or if you have a shop that specializes in car audio i.e: Bassjunkies and so on

then these will sell them...dont know how much though!?

Dan

on the subject of bassjunkies/car audio warehouse (which i believe if the same company)...be a bit warry as ive had a couple of orders which they said didnt go through properly and then they refused to give refunds and didnt respond to emals. credit card company is currently investigating for me...

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

Has anyone done this? I know I'll be needing an amp with high level inputs but what I really want to know is, is there a remote power lead? I've got an '03 IS300 with the amped standard unit and tbh it sounds pretty awesome so I don't want to change the headunit, just really needs a sub for really deep bass. I'm thinking the standard amp must have a remote lead on it so surely I can splice into that? but what one is it?

Cheers for any help. :duh:

Hi, hope this helps i found this when i was looking to do this to my car too, Im not sure if you need a hi input amp or not but this shows in detail how to add RCA sub outputs.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/knowledge/index.php?page=index_v2&id=20&c=14

Harry

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links