Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Drive Defensively !

This reminds me of the 'Tony Martin' case.

The guy living in a remote farmhouse who got burgled.

Shot at 2 burglers inside his house as they were ransacking it.

Killed one but not the other.

Then Mr Martin gets a life sentence and is branded 'a danger to the public'

Well i'd suggest he's a 'danger to the public when they're burgling his house' :unsure:

And the latest... the surviving burgler (with criminal record stretching twice round the globe) ...

has been given leave to sue the farmer who's house he was burgling for 'trauma, stress, loss of earnings etc'.

And no doubt WE will be paying the bill for him to pursue his claim through legal aid.

[rant]

Am i alone in thinking things are rather screwed up in this country ?

It's very clear that we have 'Courts of LAW' - that's technical law ...

'Justice' just doesn't come into the equation.

/[rant]

****** em all..........its going down the pan, and theres no real escape..............

whois up for it, a brave new world...............underground, we can start all over again.....all over again.....all over again :lookaround:

It's a grey area... who do you believe...

But how would you feel for being done for GBH for hitting a burglar with a bat, when you were just protecting yourself & family...

It just seems wrong to me that criminals can sue their victims for protecting themselves

[/rant]

I wasn't defending him.

You're right it's a grey area.

I was debating this with my 14 year old son this weekend following his success in a Mock Trial Competition (He was the Prosecuting Lawyer) - his schopol won through to the National Finals!

The upshot (no pun intended) was a life was lost... is the killing of another human being justified just to protect property?

I guess, at the end of the day, I'd do the same if I felt me or my family were in 'real' danger.

I don't know.... the law says that "you can use reasonable force" to defend yourself... and I suppose shooting someone isn't considered reasonable..

I suppose it comes down to where the line is drawn.. I'd just hope i'll never be in the situation where I find out..

if i had my way, he would be awarded an OBE. As for Tony Martin, I don,t know. Maybe a knighthood.

we are supposed to be living in a civilised world, but there,s nothing civilised about giving a burglar legal aid to sue a victim of burglary.

sometimes you wish these thing happen to those who pass these laws and sentences, them they would know what it feels like to be a victim.

Big up to da Hummer man.

Didn't Tony Martin shoot them running away - in the back! That's not self-defence...

it,s self defense. if you don,t shoot them bloodclat, they will come again, probably heavily armed. remember, one burglar less on da street, makes it abit safer, however slight.

If every burglar thought he would be shot and killed every time he did a crime i am sure crime rates would fall . :tsktsk: them all you have to be scum to break into somebodys home .As for resonable force who cares they know the risks .This country is to soft on these type of scum .The sun is doing a colletion to pay his legal fee,s and i know i will pledge some money . :angry:

Didn't Tony Martin shoot them running away - in the back! That's not self-defence...

solicitors/courts spent ages debating this one - so watch out, you might start a VERY long discussion!!!!

I'm not surprsed the legal system side with the burglar ...

Keeps them all in a job - specially this lowlife ....

He had somethng like 250 previous convictions !!

Think of the dosh the lawyers can screw out of legal aid for that kind of scum :angry:

Hell, they'd probably pay the burglar some sort of sales commission :angry::angry:

it,s self defense. if you don,t shoot them bloodclat, they will come again, probably heavily armed. remember, one burglar less on da street, makes it abit safer, however slight.

So who's going to protect society from people like you?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links