Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Terrible Fuel Consumption

marknic

Can any one help!

Im a new member, who feels he is getting the run around after buying a 220d sport 2006 with full media package. The car is currently getting a mpg of 29 - 31 with tentative driving. Had it at dealers who say they have checked the EGR tyre pressures etc. One of the mechanics at Lexus told me to expect around 32mpg for the sports version is this correct.

Can anyone give some suggestion's.

Thanks.

Can any one help!

Im a new member, who feels he is getting the run around after buying a 220d sport 2006 with full media package. The car is currently getting a mpg of 29 - 31 with tentative driving. Had it at dealers who say they have checked the EGR tyre pressures etc. One of the mechanics at Lexus told me to expect around 32mpg for the sports version is this correct.

Thanks.

your doing well seen reports of 15mpg round town...the engine in your car is the engine out of a rav4 t180.the mpg your getting now is ***** on mate...

Can any one help!

Thanks.

I too have an 06 sport. The gearing means its less economical on the motorway at 70+ but it does make it more driveable IMO.

My last tank showed an average of 37mpg which was mixed for motorway, A roads and road town (more the 1st two TBH mind) - I was in a rush on the motorway too :-). I got 450 miles from the tank.

If I reset at 70mph then it will do ~42MPG but noting the above point on the sport at 60 on A roads I can get 45-48mpg.

Couple of my tips:

Use a decent fuel not supermarket. i.e. Shell or BP

Make sure you get used to driving it correctly - for me its one gear higher than you would expect (so 4th instead of 3rd) - the torque on the car can cope. For instance, in my car its 4th at 30mph, 5th at 40mph and 6th at just over 50 and it doesnt struggle for normal driving.

Have a chat to Lexus - EGR valve will affect MPG, also check the version of the ECU. For you car its 500.

The 220D is a good way off competitors for fuel consumption but its a heavy car and remember loaded with extras so what you saved on the options you put towards the fuel. For me the sport is the best option - I was waiting for the 250 sport but got my diesel at the right price and I am happy. On a seperate point, consider the Lexus Extended Warranty - not cheap but then neither are the repairs!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links