Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Got My 2006 Rx400H Yesterday, Some Questions.

Just got my 2006 RX400h yesterday. Its the SE with 19600 miles on the clock.

Only covered about 60 miles in it along the roads i will be taking for work, and getting 31mpg, so happy with that.

A couple of quuestions...

1. In the book it talks about the roof bars, and the cross rails that span the width of the car.

My car has the roofbars attached to the car, but not the rails.

Are these an extra purchase, or should they have been included?

2. Can the computer show remaining miles left in tank, as i cant find it?

3. What comes with the tool kit?

4. The book also talks about the boot/luggage area having tie downs attached. Do these coem with the car, or extras?

Only covered about 60 miles in it along the roads i will be taking for work, and getting 31mpg, so happy with that.

1. In the book it talks about the roof bars, and the cross rails that span the width of the car.

4. The book also talks about the boot/luggage area having tie downs attached. Do these coem with the car, or extras?

I've had my RX400h since January and I'm getting 32.5 mpg at present although it was a little less during the cold weather. To answer your questions,

1. I think the cross rails are an extra purchase.

2. No. It would be difficult to calculate as the electric motors could be doing a lot of the driving in urban areas.

3. jack and handle. A socket for releasing the spare wheel. A pouch with a pair of pliers, three spanners and a screw driver. Two towing brackets and a locking wheel socket. Also a kneeler/tyre bag for the dirty tyre if it has not already been used.

4.I think the tie downs are the four hinged brackets that can be seen in the boot.

I've had my RX400h since January and I'm getting 32.5 mpg at present although it was a little less during the cold weather. To answer your questions,

1. I think the cross rails are an extra purchase.

2. No. It would be difficult to calculate as the electric motors could be doing a lot of the driving in urban areas.

3. jack and handle. A socket for releasing the spare wheel. A pouch with a pair of pliers, three spanners and a screw driver. Two towing brackets and a locking wheel socket. Also a kneeler/tyre bag for the dirty tyre if it has not already been used.

4.I think the tie downs are the four hinged brackets that can be seen in the boot.

Thanks for your reply.

3. i asked because on one car a saw it had a folding shovel with the tool kit, and the one i bought didnt.

4. the book shows actual straps and not just the mounting brackets, so i didnt know if it came with straps or not.

Hi,

No, there is no folding shovel as standard, just the bits as outlined above.

The tie downs are the 4 metal hinged loops in the cargo area. These allow attachment of cargo nets to secure items being carried in the boot. These come in two flavours: horizontal - a small central net big enough to secure say a briefcase; vertical net - this strings across the rear of the boot using the 2 loops near the boot opening - but requires the addition of two additional lugs which drill in near the bulb access panels on either side (all comes in a kit with a template).

Hope that helps,

Bryan

Hi,

No, there is no folding shovel as standard, just the bits as outlined above.

The tie downs are the 4 metal hinged loops in the cargo area. These allow attachment of cargo nets to secure items being carried in the boot. These come in two flavours: horizontal - a small central net big enough to secure say a briefcase; vertical net - this strings across the rear of the boot using the 2 loops near the boot opening - but requires the addition of two additional lugs which drill in near the bulb access panels on either side (all comes in a kit with a template).

Hope that helps,

Bryan

Thanks for that.

I have just bought 2 elasticated cargo nets from Home Bargains (for .99p each).

I needed 2 to join them together to reach the hooks either side.

They work great and well worth the less than 2 quid i paid.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links