Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hi all,

Here's another problem occured with Lexus GS300:)

It was starting without any problem before I haven't changed few parts.

I took the air induction off and disconnected few wires which were in the way, I took the induction off so it is easier to replace the coolant reservoir.

I have replaced the reservoir, fan which is to the right of the engine, lower in the bay (my old one was faulty) and temperature switch (Under the radiator).

The Battery was unplugged all the time during this parts being replaced. After everything was connected back together the car wont start :(((((

It turns over fine, starter working but it doesn't fire, just like there is no spark for the fuel to ignite:(((

Maybe some of you had this problem and know what's up? I though maybe it could be some sort of security to protect the car from stealing?

Hope to hear from you guys soon, and hope someone will help:)

Thanks.

No probs mate.

There isn't any delay in allowing the car to start after a Battery disconnect on the mk1 so you should be fine on that score.

Off the top of my head, the wiring that is around the airbox and piping is I think the coil wiring and 02 sensor(s) plus the distributor. The main coil plug lead also loops over the top of the pipes. All of those items would most likely stop the car starting (apart from the 02 sensor probably), so I would concentrate on that area first. Checking for a spark should be relatively easy using the centre spark cable from the coil.

Yeah you are right about the wiring. I though it could be the wire which loops over the pipes, from distributor. But I have tried reconnecting it few times but it's there all the way.

I will reconnect all this wiring again though, just to make sure.

How would you check for spark, without hurting your self? :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links