Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Flooding

has anyone had any trouble with the flooding? In liverpool (litrally at the end of my road) there has been flooding that seems to have just come from nowhere and caused bedlam.

how is the lexus goin through water i have not risked it yet but in some parts its been up to the underneath of cars headlights

whooow that's not good! here in the philippines we had a typhoon last year which caused terrible flooding!

if you have no choice and think that your car will be submerged in the flood, remove the Battery right away. if you have time to save your car save it! remove the gauge, computer box your radio, Battery and all the electronics that you can take off from the car.

after the flood, have it detailed and checked right away before you start the car.

change oil, oil filter, check plugs, and everything that needs to be checked.

When Durham burst its banks last year i drove through a couple of pig puddles which submerged above the head lights. I just put it in st gear and made sure i didnt stall otherwise its bye bye Lexus :( thankfully i went through a lot and fingers crossed never again... i gave the car a good jetwash and washed underneath and cleaned the crap from under the bonnet.

hope that helps

If you see other normal cars making it through, then I give it a go. Select a lower than normal gear, but don't overrev and never overtake the bow wave. If possible use the pavement with one side or the other. Raises the height above the water. Don't forget to dry your brakes after.

Strange how the Government wants us to drive small eco cars (preferably electric?) when the roads become impassable with snow or flooding. There are times when lives have been saved with 4x4's.

thankfully i have not had to drive through any water but thanks for the advice. the water has vanished. my dad was down a the flloded bit and sed it litrally disappeared in seconds. he reckons i great deal of sand under the tramac will have been washed away to so i am waiting for the road to give way now haha

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links