Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

It Related Help....

rhaines

Thought I'd post this one on here as a load of IT bods in here, hope you can help...

Think this should be straight forward but wanted to check my thinking. I have ADSL at home with 8 Static IP's I can use, I have an ADSL Router (Zoom x4) which uses one static IP and broadcasts DHCP for the other machines in the house (private rnage of course).

I would like to set a PC up to act as a Web Server but still connect to the internal network so can I....

Issue it one of the static IP's and tell the routeer it's in the DMZ and set the PC up with the router as the gateway and allow the other machines to se it or does that not sound right ??

Anyone got any bright idea's if I'm talking rubbish ?

Onec the machine is up and acting as a server I will be relocating my pics which host onto it and as a number of peeps from TOC use my space anywway setup some ftp accounts so people can upload/download and look after there own pics as required....

Could permanently assign one of your private IP's to the server,

Then put a static translation to a registered address in the router ...

Or if the router supports it, assign one ethernet port as a dmz.

Plug the server in there ...

Sorry not familiar with the zoom but ...

You'd want it to provide some sort of firewall capability for this kind of thing.

Hmm, not sure that's any help at all :duh:

yup...

will wait for ftp download to complete and move address's, router is only one port with crossover to switch so should just be a matter of changing ip on the server, chgingin one bit on the router and fingers crossed hey presto....

well thats the theory... we'll see if it's working in a bit lol

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links