Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Looking For A Is200 / 300

I searched and continuing to search on eBay, pistonheads, autotrader for a IS200 / 300 out of many for sale found a few low mileage are they quite rare now ? i found i to travel bit further for one thats 30ish - 40k miles however a IS300 are RARE :(

Were these cars commnonly used as company cars or something?? as a diesel wasnt offered at the time? maybe im too fussy here but my criteria are 04/54/55 reg ones with a max of 48k miles am i demanding too much? i prob have a max of spending £8k although i did see a 53 reg is200 auto 39k miles for under £7k thats worth considering dependant on condition allround and test drive of course!

I got a 2002 IS300 with 48k back in feb, well chuffed with it, haven't seen as nice an example since

Envy of many :( bet youre happy with it :), have seen a few not many under 50k miles for sale, did it take u long to find one on your quest?

took no time as I wasn't really looking, just had a glance on trader and there were 2 there, one had 70k and one had 48, the 70k one had clues suggesting stolen recovered and the dealer knew bugger all about the cars so I turned that away straight away lol, went and had a quick look at the other and got a reasonable px offer for my IS200 so I took it lol

I searched and continuing to search on ebay, pistonheads, autotrader for a IS200 / 300 out of many for sale found a few low mileage are they quite rare now ? i found i to travel bit further for one thats 30ish - 40k miles however a IS300 are RARE :(

Were these cars commnonly used as company cars or something?? as a diesel wasnt offered at the time? maybe im too fussy here but my criteria are 04/54/55 reg ones with a max of 48k miles am i demanding too much? i prob have a max of spending £8k although i did see a 53 reg is200 auto 39k miles for under £7k thats worth considering dependant on condition allround and test drive of course!

The Is300 is a great car and with the worthwhile extra power over the IS200, drives exceptionally well; but when new it was a lot more expensive than the IS200, and on paper did not offer much more for it - particularly because the later IS200s were loaded with most of the toys - plus it was auto only, so sales were always a bit limited. By comparison the IS300 has always been rare and I think your mileage restriction may be slightly unrealistic for cars which are a joy to drive and are now over 6 years old.

The engine on the IS200 is expected to run to 200,000 if properly looked after. The IS300 probably further so I wouldn't get too hung up on mileage. Cars of that age are all about service history and condition, condition, condition.

got my red is300 last year with 42k on the clock now 48k. I wont worry so much about the age rather the actual condition of the car from the previous owner, put a private plate of it if you are worried about the age :) In the US there been plenty of reports of the is300 running to 400k miles on same engine and transmission.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links