Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Sat Nav

I want to upgrade my Sat Nav CD and I've heard a rumour that the latest version of the Sat Nav CD allows you to enter destinations using postcodes. Is this correct?

I've also been told that the latest version is V1 2002, part number 08664-50826. Is this the latest version?

I want to upgrade my Sat Nav CD and I've heard a rumour that the latest version of the Sat Nav CD allows you to enter destinations using postcodes. Is this correct?

I've also been told that the latest version is V1 2002, part number 08664-50826. Is this the latest version?

The latest IS / GS / LS nav CD is V3.7 (May 2002)

I don't think it's got any postcode input.

It does add 'house no. input' to GS + LS systems (IS already had this).

Maybe that's the confusion ...

I'll confirm it later but from memory, i think that part code looks right.

dont think it does postcode.

incidentally, the satnav on the new Avensis allows you to nav by phone number which i thought was pretty cool when i testdrove one a while back.

it seems logical to say that the updated lexus DVD satnav is likely to be the same as the one on the new avensis, can anyone verify whether nav by phone number is on the new lexus nav?

incidentally, the satnav on the new Avensis allows you to nav by phone number which i thought was pretty cool when i testdrove one a while back.

it seems logical to say that the updated lexus DVD satnav is likely to be the same as the one on the new avensis, can anyone verify whether nav by phone number is on the new lexus nav?

The IS sat nav has done this since 2001 B)

How does that work? It knows where the phone number is?

quite a ot of the Points Of Interest have phone numbers stored for them.

So - if you are going to (eg) a hotel - there is a good chance that the number will be in there.

Its pretty cool - but not the greatest feature - most of the time you either get it from the address or the POI name

On the current (IS) DVD sat-nav, you can enter destinations by - address, points of interest, marked points, previous destination, phone number, intersection, motorway junction, previous start point, map, "home" or registered points. There doesn't seem to be a Post Code option.

PS - I've tried entering several phone numbers as destinations (including my own) and it hasn't found any!

Apparently the new Avensis also has traffic avoidance, so it will re-route you if there are traffic problems as its linked to traffic master.

Wish my sat-nav had "Avensis avoidance".... that is one UGLY car! :sick:

Wish my sat-nav had "Avensis avoidance".... that is one UGLY car!  :sick:

i very nearly bought one. they look fantastic from the inside and by side view, and have some cool toys that are sadly missing on the IS like steering wheel stereo controls, rain sensor wipers, optitron instruments etc, but when you see one coming towards you on the other side of the road, they just look butt-ugly.

i came *so* close to buying one - glad i went for the IS200! 4-5 weeks to go (from 5-6) and counting.....

could be worse... have you seen those new renault meganes? now there's the nastiest car on the road today IMO.

how much is one of these dvd sat nav jobs ? could i just take my 2001 IS200 into my local dealer and get it fitted or would it only be factory order ?

Installed at build time i'm afraid ...

A search of the site will reveal some other options though ...

That'll be the 'search' button under the big blue JAE banner :D

I think the new Avensis is a great looking car but has anybody driven it? I took one out and the handling is a real disappointment - nothing like the IS.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links