Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Oem Is200-300 Body Kit

OK the OEM optional styling kit(think its called TRD kit?) for the IS200/300 are these still avaliable anywhere or have the stop being made now... me think its stopped ?as japaparts.com stated 'only few left' i know it use to be sold at lexus but at a price andd thats yrs ago!!! other option is type-r kits thats ireland based i think and replikits.com that sells replicas. Anyone with experience on these companies ? of course these companies 'big' themselves up saying there test fitted their parts and fitment is 100%, perfect.......

Thanks

the fibre glass ones can be a real pain to get a good fit unless you know someone who can work with fibreglass, they are still pricey from the dealers but normally no issues with actually getting hold of parts

Oh ok just had impression that it isnt, i bought a optional 'sport' grille from them back in late 05 (for my previous Altezza) that was £30ish new lol they said at time wanted to get rid of some stock or something something to do withe the new IS that wasnt released yet at time, dont think this offer is still happening now lol

no probably not, what they did at the end of the old model IS was offer free upgrades at point of sale, so theres a lot of 2004-2005 models with kits on from new for example

the dealers (don't know if its all of them) are franchised so different dealers have different clearout deals from time to time, Lexus birmingham has a shop on eBay where they offload random stuff, their sport grilles are all £40, but I did get a centre cap for 99p with free post...

• 2 weeks later...

no probably not, what they did at the end of the old model IS was offer free upgrades at point of sale, so theres a lot of 2004-2005 models with kits on from new for example

the dealers (don't know if its all of them) are franchised so different dealers have different clearout deals from time to time, Lexus birmingham has a shop on ebay where they offload random stuff, their sport grilles are all £40, but I did get a centre cap for 99p with free post...

All Dealers were offering the Sports Grill for under £40 since 2005.

• 4 months later...

Judging by pictures of various cars here in this site can anyone care to share experience of 'replica' kits they fitted/had fitted to thier cars ? i found 2 site selling the OEM style front spoiler designed for original front bumper (TRD as most call it) replikit sell it for £159 & typerkits.com sell it for 99 euro's think its a irish site, my previous 323f i had no problems with a fbre glass front spoiler nor did i with a fibre glass body kit for my altezza years ago but the chosen body kit the place i bought from for my altezza either dont sell them anymore or stop trading but i wouldnt choose that style given another chance anyway!! i want to go for OEM :) however a fibreglass bumper i stay away from goes without saying jst as well i no plans changing bumpers !

my old IS had a replica fibreglass TRD kit and it was poop, the sideskirts weren't shaped so when attached underneath they weren't flush at the sides, so the previous owner riveted them to the bodywork (not a good look) the front lip wasn't straight, I imagin the fixing points weren't even, the rear lip looked fine tho but it cracked at the slightest bump on the back bumper

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links