Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Sorted my front grille out on the cheap, using easily available parts from well known DIY retailler.............................................

Stands me at about £40. Not an exact replica, but near enough, done in an afternoon, and totally retrofitted back to original if not happy......................

newer_pic.sized.jpg

mesh.jpg

grille_mesh.sized.jpg

grille_mesh_badge.jpg

Jac I knew it could be done and that's why I was after your old grille when you get the one from lexussport.

Grille looks great Stej. I am definitely going to do mine now!

Lexus want £450.00 for a new sport grille.

What mesh did you use and how did you remove and refit the lexus badge.

Keith

Sorry guys, I've been working away for a few days.

I've used this grille before, from B&Q, about £15 a sheet. It isn't stainless though, and will rust if not treated properly. It looks pretty good silver, but you would need to at least give it a good lacquer or paint it.

I made a bracket for the bonnet release out of an old metal m/bike numberplate.................

IM001093.sized.jpg

Draw round your old grille over the mesh with a felt pen, cut out with a pair of tin-snips and bob's your uncle.

I used thin, black plastic ties at each corner, through the existing bolt holes on the chrome surround. Tidied up the rest of the fit with a few blobs of strategically placed araldite.

The only thing that needs tidying up is the Lexus badge. I wrapped this with a continuous length of black insulation tape to lose the grooves on it. As you pull it tight it will stretch to the exact thicknes of the badge edge.

This now sits a bit too proud on the grille (there are two screw holes already in the badge that will re-screw from the back of the new grille)

IM001095.sized.jpg

Ideally, I could do with another badge to cut down and mess with.

The whole thing on mine can be reversed to original spec., and I don't want to mess about with the badge until I'm happy that this is going to be permanent.

Hope this sheds a bit more light on the subject for you.........

Steve J

Hi SteJ

The account of how you made your mesh grille is excellent, well done.

I am going to have a go and do mine as the chrome is scratched and I am going to paint mine to match the cars body colour which is blue.

I will let all know how I get on.

Keith

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links