Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Mobile Phone Incompatibility.

Hi,

I'm trying to get a compatible phone with a 2005 lexus Gs430. I'm not having much luck due to Bluetooth incompatibility. Can the Bluetooth in the car be upgraded?

I was given a list of compatible phones by Lexus, but if the phone company updates the firmware in a lot of cases the phones won't work and its going to be time consuming asking phone companies for phones with certain firmware installed.

Tried a Nokia X6. Even though this was listed as compatible, because Nokia have updated, the newer model will not work with Bluetooth in the car.

• 4 months later...

Hi,

I'm trying to get a compatible phone with a 2005 lexus Gs430. I'm not having much luck due to bluetooth incompatibility. Can the bluetooth in the car be upgraded?

I was given a list of compatible phones by Lexus, but if the phone company updates the firmware in a lot of cases the phones won't work and its going to be time consuming asking phone companies for phones with certain firmware installed.

Tried a Nokia X6. Even though this was listed as compatible, because Nokia have updated, the newer model will not work with bluetooth in the car.

Hi,

Hope i can help, I have a LS 430 @004 model and was having the same problems. This is what I found out.

There arte different kinds of Bluetooth configurations. The one in the later Lexus model use Push and Pull data access so when a mobile phone is connected and you ask to transfer the phonebook from the phone the Bluetooth in the car pulls the data from the phone. On the earlier Lexus Bluetooth systems it is a push stem only which means the phone has to do the work and push the data to the car Bluetooth (not all phones can do this).

I have an Iphone 4 and although it connects to the Bluetooth in the car you cannot transfer the phonebook. I also tried the Nokia X6, it did not work for me either.

The phone that worked for me is the Nokia 6700 Slide which is available now. I did the following procedure:-

I entered my contracts into the phone manually so they would be in the format which when displayed in the car was correct (Name and 1 phone number, for more than 1 number I enter another contact Example John Home and John Mobile).

I connected the phone to the cars Bluetooth and once it was paired I used the menu to transfer the phone data (an unusual thing occurs at this point the phone disconnects from the Bluetooth (ignore this and continue).

On the phone mark all the contacts you wish to send to the car then select send business card. The phone automatically reconnects to the car Bluetooth and sends the marked contact to the car (pushes the data).

If this is the first transfer select Overwrite otherwise select Add in the cars menu.

Once the phonebook is transferred any phone that connects can be used with the same car phonebook (I now use my Iphone and keep the Nokia 6700 slide just to amend the phonebook).

Hope this helps

Trevor

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links