Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Sunny Sunday + New Car = 6 Hour Marathon Clean

Well yesterday i went and collected my new car, a Scarlatti Red is200, as some of you might have read my dad also has a Scarlatto Red is200 so the driveway looks rather strange now, anyway today i woke up with th intention of washing the car to my standards, first thing i did was open the curtains to brilliant sunshine which equalled a perfect day

i started off by cleaning all the door shuts and the sunroof shuts as they looked to have never been done

Before

Picture_022.jpg

After

Picture_023.jpg

Picture_020.jpg

Picture_021.jpg

Next was to cover the car ins snow foam and leave it to stand for 10minutes

Picture_031.jpg

once that had settle, i pressure washed off, then proceded to wash using the 2 bucket method, then pressured washed off again. Before drying.

Picture_029.jpg

Next job was to shift if onto next doors drive to do the remainder of the clean.

Picture_036.jpg

Next i set off about claying the car, even though it looks fresh i could feel the contamination in the paint, 2 panels later this is what can out in the clay (the rest of the car was similar) just goes to show the magic these clays provide.

Picture_033.jpg

I havent got much pictures of the next processes as it was very hands to the deck and tbh i couldnt be arsed keep getting the camera out :blush:

These are the next steps i did

1 pass of Red t-cut

2 passes of Autoglym Super Resin Polish

1 pass of Poorboys Black Hole

3 passes of Dodo Juice Orange Crush

My dad also washed his today so we he poped out with me to get some pictures together after the days events

hope you enjoy.

Picture_004.jpg

Picture_035.jpg

Picture_037.jpg

Picture_038.jpg

Picture_044.jpg

Picture_045.jpg

Picture_047.jpg

Picture_048.jpg

Picture_050.jpg

One of them back home, haha

Picture_002.jpg

More pictures to come once i get my plate on then we will have 2 red scarlatti red is200's one with the plate L77 JCG and one with the plate L77 RCG :winky:

looking good matey top job, your driveway must get some funny looks.

it was a very good day today i managed to do my car as well you couldn't even see my rear numberplate!!!not a good look for the lex!!!!

the engine bay even got a clean..

p0703101749.jpg

p070310175001.jpg

p0703101750.jpg

looking good matey top job, your driveway must get some funny looks.

it was a very good day today i managed to do my car as well you couldn't even see my rear numberplate!!!not a good look for the lex!!!!

the engine bay even got a clean..

p0703101749.jpg

p070310175001.jpg

p0703101750.jpg

shes close to the path there Ormi ! looks made to measure - just enough room

didnt want to comment on the thread hijack, haha

cheers for the good comments, pictures just dont do it justice the feel of the paintwork is like glass, really rewarding day, hoping to get to a show with LOC at some point this year, tryna get me dad to come along too

Im actually quite looking forward to getting mine and giving it a good clay and decent polish. As you say, its a really rewarding result! Especially if its a sunny day and you have a few beers whilst doing it! :P

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links