Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Dension 300 Gatwway

We'll I bought one of these Grom USB units, havent fitted it yet, but from reading what going on over on this website

http://indashpc.org/vbullettin/index.php

its seems the product is a pile of Poo, and much like mobile phones the consumer does the development work, anyone actually got any personal experince of this equipment.

The Dension 300 has now be discontinued.

I don't know about the USB ones, but I have a Grom Aux unit, and several other members have had the iPod unit and they've worked fine.

The USB one is probably more complicated though so might have more issues...........It's a shame it's quite difficult to get a decent USB input still, there's the option of using something like the Parrot 9200 but if you already have a Bluetooth car kit it's a bit of a waste.

well the unit turned up yesterday , from what i've read the mk3 GS stereo has a 2nd dedicated CD changer output , the cable that i've been sent with the unit is a Y-cable , whihc i thought you needed if you were piggy backing off an already used connection.

Do i need to get back in touch with the retailer, or is this how these units are supplied.

thanks

well i fitted it, bit of an arse getting the unit out, but otherwise quite an easy install.

pulled out what was already plugged into the 12 pin slot and plugged in the grom, sat nav function stopped working, pluged the now loose plug into the piggy back and all works well.

Peeps had said that the unit carries on charging the USB after the car is turned off, but i think this has been fixed with a recent firmware upgrade as my usb light turns off as soon as you open the drivers door after turning the engine off.

I'll report back in 7 days if all is well, for now it doesnt seem a bad unit.

Glad things went smoothly, interested to hear how you get on with it as in theory it sounds like a brilliant bit of kit. How much info do you get up on screen?

I guess its reading off the ID3 tag, so under disc it shows the Artist and under track is the track name.

as it emulates a cd changer, i guess its limited to 99 tracks per folder and thus 594 tracks.

I'm just preparing a stick full of music, so will see how it copes over the next couple of days.

Similar to how it deals with an iPod then too it seems, not sure about the 99 track limit but think that's also limited to 6 playlists.

Is the sound quality good?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links