Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Is200 Sound Help ? ^_^

Azif

Evening guys hope you all having a good relaxed weekend cause im about to make it busy for you lol Lets talk about sound in an Is200..

Just picked up my Is200 a few weeks back and all the sound are just NORMAL im thinking of taking out the speakers and putting new ones in .. From Amp to Sub`s are going in or a SUB shall we say ? Any1 done a sound upgrade ?

I would like to keep every thing normal but no point is there ? My factory Fitted Head Unit works fine and so do the speakers but ima put a Sub in what one shall i put ? Orion Or Jl Audio ? Im thinking one massive 15inch ? Or shall i go for 2 12`s .. if ayone says replace the head unit then ima put in Alpine head unit .. what speakers are there in the front as in Size ? Back looks like 6X9`s to me or am i wrong ?

Does ANYTHING ive said make sense lol Let me know asap please.. What Amp what Sub`s and speakers to use Thank You :whistling:

It depends if you are looking for LOUD bass or GOOD base.

I personally like 10" woofer as it gives the best response.

If you like very deep base, the 12" is a good compromise... I don't like 15".

The IS200 have one of the best sound stage setup in any of the car I have been in...

I almost dare to say it have a better sound stage than the SC430... and that is saying alot.

I am not sure what the Head unit of the IS200 is like as I never pull it out.

But I am pretty sure you can get some type of RCA output with the standard head unit, or even a Hi-Low Converter.

That way you can hook it up to an amp. As you are only driving bass you won't have to worry about the quality of the signal.

As for amp and sub... American please. I use JL Audio before, always like them.

I have been out of the scene for a long time now, but I find JL W0 back in the days to be cheap and cheerful. :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links