Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Al; we need is the dimemnsions of the mesh insert on the is-f sport and even the isf .Can sombody take a tape measure and find out .I would but i live in NI so only have Hursts here and they dont have either!!!

Wonder if you ask nice enough whether they'd let you take the grille off the IS-F at woodford and try it out :whistling:

LOL...

i think im going to place the order for the actual inner part of the isf grille and once i get that, i'll see how things go and if nessassary buy the moulding aswell

I've ordered an IS-F grille which should be with me tomorrow. i'm going to test it out and see what kind of things is needed to make it fit

Nice one, good luck with it, hope it's a nice easy swap :)

Nice one, good luck with it, hope it's a nice easy swap :)

:D i'm not expecting it to be a nice easy swap :D i guess its best to expect the worst

from all my research the grille is much wider for the is-f but i'm hope some trimming and customizing will do the trick

as far as i know the isf is

the isf is 71cm top 54cmbottom and 13cm high.I think the 13 is 2cm less than the standard which if the case will be your main headache

the standard is 65cm top 50cm bottom and 15cm high.

the is sport f is 65cm top 50cm bottom and 16cm high .

All figures are approximates

Will be interested to hear what you find .

the is-f sport is pretty close but I doubt if its a direct fit for the inner squiggle grill .I cant really tell from the photos but I think the corners may be a little sharper.

oh dear i've just been informed that i will have to wait until the 26th for the grille. Apparently Lexus GB dont have any stock of it and neither does any of the european warehouses. I'm told that it's now being delivered direct from Japan and hense the wait. I guess i aint in no hurry :)

• 2 weeks later...

got my is-f grille. i've taken off my grille and did all the measurements and testing (photo below)

alot of cutting and moulding is going to be involved to make it fit. Just finished ordering some glass fibre resin and sheets. It will be a time consuming task and i'm going to wait till next week to start it as i've got 2 weeks easter holidays from work.

grille.jpg

got my is-f grille. i've taken off my grille and did all the measurements and testing (photo below)

alot of cutting and moulding is going to be involved to make it fit. Just finished ordering some glass fibre resin and sheets. It will be a time consuming task and i'm going to wait till next week to start it as i've got 2 weeks easter holidays from work.

I think I prefer the original grille.:whistling:

laugh.gif personal taste i guess biggrin.gif

I guess so, but I wasn't a particular fan of the original either, especially when the first reviews accused the grille design as making the car look Korean. I now think the lines of the original grille suit the styling, and haven't really seen anything better to replace it. The alloy billet grille available in the USA is certainly different, but not to my taste either. The 'F' design is different, but IMO that's all you can say for it.

grille.jpg

How does your Chrome outer bezel match up to new grill...ie if you cut to lugs from isf can the centre be place in the bezel????

I was thinking you could join the two together.

are any of the fitment lugs /holes in the same position?????You will of course video all for u tube ........yes :whistling::whistling:

laugh.gif personal taste i guess biggrin.gif

I guess so, but I wasn't a particular fan of the original either, especially when the first reviews accused the grille design as making the car look Korean. I now think the lines of the original grille suit the styling, and haven't really seen anything better to replace it. The alloy billet grille available in the USA is certainly different, but not to my taste either. The 'F' design is different, but IMO that's all you can say for it.

Yes definitely personal taste !!!

I prefer the isf grill centre but in my opinion painting the chrome effect bezel gives the car a "add on look" if you know what i mean.

The standard isf /sport grill on the other hand looks like it was meant from manufacture!

hey guys i was goning to replace my chrome badge for a black pearl and when i rang up lexus and ive found out my front emblem is worth £400 becasue mine has a built in pre crash sensor or something, ive always wondered why my emblem looked differnt to everyone elses

hey guys i was goning to replace my chrome badge for a black pearl and when i rang up lexus and ive found out my front emblem is worth £400 becasue mine has a built in pre crash sensor or something, ive always wondered why my emblem looked differnt to everyone elses

Don't you use the adaptive cruise control function then? It slows the car when you get too close to the car in front, bit of a nuisance in todays congested motorways.

grille.jpg

How does your Chrome outer bezel match up to new grill...ie if you cut to lugs from isf can the centre be place in the bezel????

are any of the fitment lugs /holes in the same position?????You will of course video all for u tube ........yes :whistling::whistling:

Well ahmed ........??????????????? any answers?????? :hehe:

sorry for late reply, been quite busy havent had time to check back on here.

the chrome outer bezel doesnt match up to the grille at all. the grille design is completely different. what i'm going to be attempting to do is use my existing grille and trim it out with a dremel to make a surround and then make the isf grille fit into that surround. this then should fit into the chrome bezel

sorry for late reply, been quite busy havent had time to check back on here.

the chrome outer bezel doesnt match up to the grille at all. the grille design is completely different. what i'm going to be attempting to do is use my existing grille and trim it out with a dremel to make a surround and then make the isf grille fit into that surround. this then should fit into the chrome bezel

Ok Will you have enough depth in the new squiggly to fit into your origional surround when you dremel it out????

Ok Will you have enough depth in the new squiggly to fit into your origional surround when you dremel it out????

sorry for late reply. answer to question is yes there is enough depth.

i've started the grille modification and its a very time consuming task. lots of trimming and filing down needed. i've eventually decided to bond the grille directly to the chrome outer bezel.

I think it can also be done with the f-sport grille. but i couldnt justify spending £25 extra on the f-sport grille. i've also just realised that the size of the is-f grille emblem is much wider than the original one and the f-sport one. so i've just ordered myself a new emblem to fit onto the grille which cost £22.

i'm now waiting for some heavy duty bonding glue to arrive in the post. once that arrives, i need to filler up and neaten all edges, sand, wet sand and finally blend in with a paint job, and a final polish.

i'll post pics once i'm done

• 4 years later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links