Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Wondered if anyone seen this new grill in person and if so will it fit the standard IS250 /220 bumper aperature.

To me THIS is the grill I have wanted to see on the IS Mk2 since it came out in2005.

They did a similar thing with the IS200-2004 sport design with a new mesh grill and carbon fibre surround which in my opinion made the front nicer,

I suppose they have changed the bumper slightly so that both bumper and grill would have to be replaced together!!

I believe the IS F-Sport still has a standard front bumper except for the grille, so it should still fit but the only thing that makes me wonder is that the front bumper has changed slightly hasn't it when they facelifted the IS in 2009?

However if the grille is exactly the same as the one on the IS-F, as that was made before the facelift I'd guess that the grilles are probably all the same. Best to check with a dealer as they'd probably know or have some idea of whether the shape changed. Alternatively if you've got a good dealer they'll let you try it out to see if it fits (that's what my dealer did with the LE grille some years ago) :)

Try ringing one of the London dealers - actually if I have time I might need to pop to my dealer (Lexus Woodford) sometime in the next couple of weeks so if I do I'm happy to ask them for you.

The F-Sport grille is a direct replacement for the facelifted IS250 and 220d. So if you've got a 2009 onwards facelifted IS250/220d then you can simply swap out the grilles. But if you've got a 2006-2009 edition then it wont fit without changing the bumper also. The 09+ models have a different bumper.

My IS250 isnt the facelifted one, so i'm planning to get the IS-F grille and customise it to make it fit my existing moulding

ok ..so what is different about the 09 bumper grill aperture???is it bigger.. wider,, smaller has anyone seem both old and new together??what is the difference

Sorry still haven't gone in to my dealer, but I do know the grilles are slightly different - the difference is really subtle, the most obvious difference is that the newer ones have a little kink at the bottom corners of the grille.

Parthiban is right the 09 grilles are curved outwards at the bottom and are slightly wider than the 06. Have a look at the diagram below. i'm placing my order for the IS-F grille sometime this week and will attempt to customize that to fit into the OEM moulding. i think there is a better chance of that working.

If you want to use the F-Sport grille, then the best option i think is to get the 09 bumper aswell. bumper isnt very expensive but painting it might cost more than the bumper itself. Or you could approach a bodyshop and ask them to get the bumper for you and paint it, that way you may get the bumper slightly cheaper.

Oh and Parthiban, Lexus Woodford is my dealer aswell, we're neighbours :D

newold.jpg

Does the centre part of the grille come out? Just wondered whether you could get an F-sport grille and swap the mesh part with the slatty bit on the standard grille?

@ Ahmed: For some reason I thought you were in West London?

Does the centre part of the grille come out? Just wondered whether you could get an F-sport grille and swap the mesh part with the slatty bit on the standard grille?

the grille consists of 3 parts, the actual chrome surround, the honeycomb grille, and the emblem. i guess you could technically get just the honeycomb part of the f-sport grille and customize that to fit into the chrome surround of a non-facelifted edition but there would be a lot of customizing to do. i think the dimensions are more close with the IS-F grille. Not too sure though, i'll find out soon :)

@ Ahmed: For some reason I thought you were in West London?

Nope not in West London, i work there :)

so the grill squiggle is £ 110?????

yeap, and the IS-F's inner grille is only £85.53

How does that make any sense? :blink:

Crazy pricing structure there, and £110 for just the mesh part is highly excessive!

How does that make any sense? :blink:

Crazy pricing structure there, and £110 for just the mesh part is highly excessive!

tell me about it, is-f parts seem to be cheaper

tell me about it, is-f parts seem to be cheaper

Lol, cheaper parts all come together to make a massively more expensive car - based on the difference in grille price an IS-F should cost £27k :P

Is that different to the original standard grille? Looks the same shape, but obviously dimensions might be different......

original standard grille? do you mean on an IS250/220? or original for an ISF? its an original ISF one thats been wrapped.

the outside shape of the moulding looks same as the OEM is250 but the inside shape doesnt. i think both the moulding and the inner grille might need to be swapped out to get a possible fit.

the f-sport grill looks slightly bigger than the is-f grille.

either way, whichever grille i decide to choose, both will need modifying. so i'm still deciding on whether i should get the isf grille or the fsport. i'm thinking isf coz its cheaper :hehe:

original standard grille? do you mean on an IS250/220? or original for an ISF? its an original ISF one thats been wrapped.

the outside shape of the moulding looks same as the OEM is250 but the inside shape doesnt. i think both the moulding and the inner grille might need to be swapped out to get a possible fit.

Yeah I meant the standard original IS250 grille - as you say the surround dimensions look the same so could you not just remove the whole IS250 grille and swap in the whole IS-F grille instead of messing about with the inserts? Or is it not as simple as that?

Yeah I meant the standard original IS250 grille - as you say the surround dimensions look the same so could you not just remove the whole IS250 grille and swap in the whole IS-F grille instead of messing about with the inserts? Or is it not as simple as that?

not too sure, i guess its worth a try. just waiting for a confirmation of the price for the ISF grille moulding

not too sure, i guess its worth a try. just waiting for a confirmation of the price for the ISF grille moulding

Wonder if you ask nice enough whether they'd let you take the grille off the IS-F at woodford and try it out :whistling:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links