Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hi everyone, can i ask you all for some advice on repacement brake disc on the front, at the mo i have vented on should i go for the same standard or grooved if i change to grooved would i have to change all 4 ?. also any advice on the make i should go for.

many thanks

No, you wouldn't have to change all four. I have some grooved and dimpled discs on the front of my mk1, no problems so far. Not sure if they improved the braking of the car in particular, but they do look cool B)

No, you wouldn't have to change all four. I have some grooved and dimpled discs on the front of my mk1, no problems so far. Not sure if they improved the braking of the car in particular, but they do look cool B)

Thanks for info, i am only looking and pricing just incase the problem i have is the discs or caliper not sure yet,i have taken car off road at mo till i sorted.

the problem started a few months ago,when braking and coming to the final stop i was getting a clicking like a relay only loader,but went out on friday went about 2 mile braked and got a joddering on wheel asif puncher or loose wheel and this was bad till i got to my mates,told him about it we went for a ride and it was perfect untill we did about 2 mile again and it happened again,anyway when i went home i tried not to use brakes and it was ok, and no i am not getting any lights on dash to say that it is abs, the feeling i got is that it is disc/caliper/barring,( pads-bushes-ball joints-tryes and ballancing or all fine).this is only happening when something getting worm or hot,ie cracked disc or worped, i have had a visual check today but cant see anything visual but if the vents are braking down in disc i wont,i have had the car 3yrs and discs do still look new, may have to book it in to have it checked over

well i got the garage report ? caliper seized will cost 90 notes to sent it away for reconditoning, just hoping its not worped the disc ? i will know in a few days when caliper is put back on,if it as then 2 new disc i will need

well i got the garage report ? caliper seized will cost 90 notes to sent it away for reconditoning, just hoping its not worped the disc ? i will know in a few days when caliper is put back on,if it as then 2 new disc i will need

Did they say if it was the piston(s) in the caliper, or the slide pins that had seized? Very common for either/or/both to happen. Well worth sorting the slide pins out at the same time if you have the funds (something like £8 each from lexus and there are four). If not changing them, atleast make sure they dismantle and re-grease during the job. There is a link in my sig for overhauling the slide pins.

Did they say if it was the piston(s) in the caliper, or the slide pins that had seized? Very common for either/or/both to happen. Well worth sorting the slide pins out at the same time if you have the funds (something like £8 each from lexus and there are four). If not changing them, atleast make sure they dismantle and re-grease during the job. There is a link in my sig for overhauling the slide pins.

thanks for that i will go up garage today and ask the question but as they are sending it away for reconditioning will those not be checked

thanks for that i will go up garage today and ask the question but as they are sending it away for reconditioning will those not be checked

Normally, if you are removing the caliper, you unbolt it from the slide pins and take it away. The pins stay in situe on the carrier inside the rubber boots that protect them. Unfortunately it's not a given that the pins will be serviced at the same time. If you look at the tutorials in my signature (slide pin overhaul/brake pads and discs change/caliper removal), you sholuld see the bits concerned and how they may or may not get touched by the garage during the work.

Normally, if you are removing the caliper, you unbolt it from the slide pins and take it away. The pins stay in situe on the carrier inside the rubber boots that protect them. Unfortunately it's not a given that the pins will be serviced at the same time. If you look at the tutorials in my signature (slide pin overhaul/brake pads and discs change/caliper removal), you sholuld see the bits concerned and how they may or may not get touched by the garage during the work.

Hi, went yesterday and they said slide pins are fine it was the piston that is seized in the caliper,they should have it back today from reconditioning place this afternoon,hopefully get it back tea time if all gos well and that disc wasnt worped will know more after they have fittted caliper back on and test driven,will let you know how it turns out

Well picked up my car today took it for a short drive and all seems ok, but will take it for a better drive tomos , so dont need new discs but bill was 180

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links