Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Sniffing The Best Friends Wifes Pantie Drawer...

Loz

Okay, now that I have your attention:

I have just bought a Fuzzbuster Lazer Jammer and Radar Decector (covering front and rear!

It came from the states I understand but I got it from a show at the NEC. I think its the muts nuts and basically I got the Lazer Jammer (2km effective range and legal to own and use) cos I hate the idea of being banned and unemployed... :crybaby: :duh: :oops:

the detector I haggled them own on and got for a tenna !!! but paid full whack for the jammer. they are both the greatest level of detection and Jamming available in the Uk at this time.. :backofnet:

Anyone had any experience with them? :question:

ANyone reckon they have something better and I have been done? :crybaby:

BTW I paid £260 for the pair...

Loz :zee:

its a Lazer Jammer. its aint ilegal cos it is not sending radio waves. just infra red. There is now law against sending infra red and it just adds a chirp that confuses the Lazer Speed gun and gives a zero reading a the same time telling you its doing it with a light and beep.

Basically if yo ujust have a lazer detector, and you are the first person in the line of traffic, your detector will be saying, "congrats, you are nicked!" by having the jammer, you give yourself an edge by not letting them get a reading until you have slowed down and turned it off. Smart 'eh!

Loz

I have been looking into the Snooper Jammer to go with my S6 Neo, I think they are a good idea. The law is a litle confused but as Loz said you should be ok with the right equipment, I don't see the point in having a laser detector as by the time you have detected it you will have been caught if you were speeding. The Snooper jammer emits a sound if you have been "Lasered" so you can slow down and then turn the unit off so they can get a reading but at a legal speed, the Snooper until is around £300 and can be fitted as a stand alone unit seperate from any other gadgets you may have.

I think I recall a conversation a while back on these, although the police can not get you as you are only using infra-red there are laws similar to preventing the course of justuce or the like as although you are not sending out illegal transmissions you are preventing the police from doing their job....

It's a bit obvious when they've collared a number of cars and your's mysteriously doesn't work.....

The Laser pro that the police use is set up to give 4 out of 5 correct readings. SO you can be the one that messed up. However, it takes 4 seconds for them to fire again so buy the time you get your first jammer signal you need to break down to under the limit and then switch off the unit so they get a proper reading. No harm, no foul.

Of course if you carry on speeding then they will do you from behind :blink::crybaby::yawn: :duh: :shutit: in which case you have no protection (unless you bought two or moved it quickely to the rear while driving (over the limit!)...

So its an early warning system at best.

Jonny-Boy, let me know how you get on with the snooper product. Mine was £250 on its own but will owrk with any detector as well. they just brought out an sll in one unit that my mate got for £300. less obstruction in the windscreen I guess. but then mine tuck behind the rearview mirror and just under it..

Loz

My understanding was that any radar jammer was illegal to use in the UK??

yeah - think this is the case.

The difference is that it is illegal to use but not to own.

seeing as these guys are normally on a bridge over a motorway - you go flashing past them - they try and get a reading and fail.

Even if the worst case scenario is they turn up outisde your door and ask if you have one - you say Yes - but thats not illegal.

They then have to prove that you were using it.

and if, as another poster pointed out - these devices have a 20% failure rate - they have to prove that the reason they couldn't do you was because you were using the jammer - and not because their device failed.

:ph34r:

I defy any of you to find an Act that says "Lazer" Jammers are illegal.

the 1998 ground breaking case that made it legal to own detectors and to use them for reasons of saftey is one thing but there has never been a case for banning the "lazar" (NOT RADAR) jammers as this type of transmission is not covered by Statute.

as far as "other" offences. I think it would have to be careless or reckless driving charges, but they still need proof. unfrotunately, Two feds stood up in court is considered "good" evedience...

Hope this helps.

Just found this on the net - thought it might be useful...

Laser Jammers and the Law

There is no law as yet regarding the purchase of a Laser Jammer or the fitting of one on a motor vehicle. However the first arrest was made in February 2003 regarding the use of a Laser Jammer. The person was arrested for "Perverting the course of Justice"

This offence is very serious and carries 7 years in Jail. It is normally used to deal with people that are caught out telling lies to get away with something or gain something without actually going to court and perjuring themselves in the witness box.

Usually, the offence used to deal with interfering with speed trap readings or the speed traps themselves, such as large notices before the trap advertising its position and it is in operation, would be 'Obstruction of Police in execution of duty'.

I would imagine that because this chap was deemed to be actively employing a system to purposefully demonstrate his ability to avoid prosecution, that the officer stopping him, used the offence of Perverting Justice to justify his arrest. Obstruction of Police has no power of arrest unless it is used in conjunction with the General Power under Sect 25 PACE 1984

Perverting Justice is an indictable offence (Crown Court only and very expensive).

Obstruction of Police is a visit to the Magistrates Court only and is much cheaper

What was the outcome of the arrest though. Bet you a pound to a pinch of shinola that he was not charged but cautioned. Cant See CPS springing for that court case and associated expenses? Can you? Not without attracting a VERY unwelcome degree of press coverage....

Is the outcome a matter of public record yet? or as it was february, has it not come to trail yet?

Loz

*Loz having a little sphinkter moment* :duh: :ohmy::blink::oops:

Driven past at least 10 marked cars with it in full display... maybe they think it is a radar decector ( now legal to own and use ).

Usefully, the detector has a mode that checks to see if the feds are scanning for jammers and detectors in use!

Still happy... :shifty:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links