Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Flashing "trc Off" & Engine Management Light On

Abbas

Have not used the car all week just gave it a start a couple of times, had the centre console out as I was fitting a front arm rest that i bought from eBay.

Got the job finished today started the car and I could hear clicking from the engine bay, went to investigate and it was coming from the throttle body.

Got back in the car and the engine management light is on! Also after a minute the TRC OFF started flashing.

All I did was fit an arm rest don’t think I could have disturbed anything whilst I was doing so, could be a coincidence?

Coil pack maybe as at one point it felt like the car was slightly shaking and the gear stick seemed to vibrate more than usual? I have not even driven it as I would rather not do any more harm to it.

I have an OBD II reader but the laptop has packed it in great timing might need to purchase a cheap standalone one from eBay.

Any thoughts guys, I will get the code read asap but in the meantime anything else to explore?

Plugged in the OBD2 reader and it came up with two fault codes but both the same?

P0303 and its stated Cyclinder 3 misfire detected.

I looked at the freeze frame data and then cleared the codes and started her back up.

I have no check engine light nor the TRC flashing at the mo but the car is shaking on idle still have not driven it but have started to look into what the fault code means.

looked at this site

http://www.bahamutcars.com/workshop/IS_98-05/

Now I am confused thought it would be change coil pack but it could be a number of things not to sure now?

Any ideas?

• 3 weeks later...

Issue sorted 5 min job just changed a coil pack for a new one, Car drives superb again :D

Bought from jap parts 2 for £100 delivered so I now have one spare if another fails.

If anyone has this issue in the future please do yourself a favour and dont buy used from eBay!

Cant believe I fell for that...

• 1 month later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links