Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Rear Brake Shoes(handbrake)

fipsy

I recently changed my rear discs and pads on my is200 but in doing so i managed to knacker up a spring on each side that holds the handbrake shoes in place. does anybody know if i can purchase these springs/washers/clips from anywhere else but a lexus dealer as they only do a complete kit including shoes for about £140. the shoes are fine its just a spring and a washer/clip. i had to back off the handbrake as the rubbing noise was driving me mad. its still not a pretty sound but so much better than before... oh the handbrake is still working so its not an MOT failure and is still legal, just noisy!!

You can get springs and clips i got some from my local car spares shop just matched them up even the pins too

are the pins you mentioned the ones that go through the shoes with the springs and clips on the end? how much did you pay if you dont mind me asking?

I recently changed my rear discs and pads on my is200 but in doing so i managed to knacker up a spring on each side that holds the handbrake shoes in place. does anybody know if i can purchase these springs/washers/clips from anywhere else but a lexus dealer as they only do a complete kit including shoes for about £140. the shoes are fine its just a spring and a washer/clip. i had to back off the handbrake as the rubbing noise was driving me mad. its still not a pretty sound but so much better than before... oh the handbrake is still working so its not an MOT failure and is still legal, just noisy!!

Check out this link to see what part numbers are available

clicky

clicky

Thats excellent, thanks a lot for that link. Not quite sure how i go about ordering from that site though or is it just to show which parts/part numbers i need to give to a lexus dealer? Thanks again for the top info :D

Thats excellent, thanks a lot for that link. Not quite sure how i go about ordering from that site though or is it just to show which parts/part numbers i need to give to a lexus dealer? Thanks again for the top info :D

I only use it for the part numbers, never ordered from them.

You can get springs and clips i got some from my local car spares shop just matched them up even the pins too

are the pins you mentioned the ones that go through the shoes with the springs and clips on the end? how much did you pay if you dont mind me asking?

Hi there a paid 80p for 4x springs it was 20p each for the top retaining clips too

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links